What were the lowest rankings offered a place in 2017?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Watermelon8

Re: What were the lowest rankings offered a place in 2017?

Post by Watermelon8 »

stroudydad wrote:As an aside, does anyone actually know how many girls sat the test at Crypt? or asked to share with them?
I spoke to the head last night at Crypt, he said that of the children who've met the qualifying score, 2/3 are boys. (They've ranked up to 600)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Watermelon8 wrote:
stroudydad wrote:As an aside, does anyone actually know how many girls sat the test at Crypt? or asked to share with them?
I spoke to the head last night at Crypt, he said that of the children who've met the qualifying score, 2/3 are boys. (They've ranked up to 600)

That's interesting, though the discrepancy between STRS and Crypt rankings would suggest that there are quite a few girls in the high ranking positions..
Amber

Post by Amber »

Watermelon8 wrote:(They've ranked up to 600)
That suggests to me that he has absolutely no idea how many are likely to put the school first on the CAF.
What percentage of total sitters is that I wonder?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:
Watermelon8 wrote:(They've ranked up to 600)
That suggests to me that he has absolutely no idea how many are likely to put the school first on the CAF.
What percentage of total sitters is that I wonder?
Couldn't agree more..
Personally I hope not many girls...
HappiestDays

Post by HappiestDays »

Hi, we couldn't make the Crypt open evening, so thanks for the info about those they have qualified being 2/3 boys.

They've given out a number to 600 - Do you know if that means all those 600 are deemed to have qualified (substantial insurance!), or is it like Pates: Friend's DD has a number from Pates but it is lower than 225 so not a qualifying number.
Our Crypt email was for top 150, so it didn't say anything about 600.

My DD likes Pates (just outside PAN so a realistic maybe) and Crypt because mixed, but no friends that like the same two as her for same reasons, have a top 150 rank. Shame because we won't know which friends she will actually be with til March. I know they make new ones, but these ones are keepers :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

HappiestDays wrote:Hi, we couldn't make the Crypt open evening, so thanks for the info about those they have qualified being 2/3 boys.

They've given out a number to 600 - Do you know if that means all those 600 are deemed to have qualified (substantial insurance!), or is it like Pates: Friend's DD has a number from Pates but it is lower than 225 so not a qualifying number.
Our Crypt email was for top 150, so it didn't say anything about 600.

My DD likes Pates (just outside PAN so a realistic maybe) and Crypt because mixed, but no friends that like the same two as her for same reasons, have a top 150 rank. Shame because we won't know which friends she will actually be with til March. I know they make new ones, but these ones are keepers :D
Yes top 600 are qualified
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

This makes sense and helpful. Will suggest that if you rank in top 20% of ALL siitters Pate's email provides this info to those that shared the result, can be in with a slight chance with all the movements to come in 2018.
libreria

Post by libreria »

I rang SHS admissions officer yesterday on this subject and she was very helpful. She said on allocations day 371 was the lowest offered a place then after all the 'shuffling' she thought 402.

Out of interest my daughter got a qualifying score of 316 for SHS, 358 for Ribston and failed to qualify for The Crypt. I self tutored - all I can say after all this is I am very glad she is an only child! (and of course very happy that it was all worth it in the end)
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

libreria wrote:I rang SHS admissions officer yesterday on this subject and she was very helpful. She said on allocations day 371 was the lowest offered a place then after all the 'shuffling' she thought 402.

Out of interest my daughter got a qualifying score of 316 for SHS, 358 for Ribston and failed to qualify for The Crypt. I self tutored - all I can say after all this is I am very glad she is an only child! (and of course very happy that it was all worth it in the end)
The school must have gone down to 402 after all appeals and the summer break, when movement can occur. We had to appeal for DD2. She was ranked 395 and it was confirmed at the appeal that she was 3rd on the waiting list.
kittymom

Post by kittymom »

Nammum wrote:
libreria wrote:I rang SHS admissions officer yesterday on this subject and she was very helpful. She said on allocations day 371 was the lowest offered a place then after all the 'shuffling' she thought 402.

The school must have gone down to 402 after all appeals and the summer break, when movement can occur. We had to appeal for DD2. She was ranked 395 and it was confirmed at the appeal that she was 3rd on the waiting list.
Yikes. My DD ranked 399 this year, and really wants to go to SHS after seeing it last week. It seems that although she was ranked lower for Ribston (451) and Ribston only take 120, she still has a better chance of getting placed at Ribston... I suppose that shouldn't affect our CAF choice though? We just put down the one we prefer I guess. Sailing pretty close to the wind...as usual! :shock:

Ribston is much closer to us, but I suppose I'm a little anxious about the fact I have no idea who the Head will be. Being a teacher, I know that a school can change drastically in a short space of time (either way), depending on management.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now