Results day........12th October 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
72purples

Results day........12th October 2017

Post by 72purples »

Anyone else feel time is dragging.....

It seems sooooo slow!?!

Can't understand why it has taken so long.
Four years ago, we only waited 2 weeks

:? :roll: :idea:
stroudydad

Re: Results day........12th October 2017

Post by stroudydad »

I thought it was the 11th??
Kaybee

Post by Kaybee »

I'm hoping it's the 11th too?! (After 3.30pm?)
72purples

Post by 72purples »

That's what I originally thought!
But was searching tonight......
I'm going to check again :?
72purples

Post by 72purples »

Reread it......
It says BY the 12th October.

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/educa ... r-schools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

From the admissions info, each school will specify on their website how results will be issued. Results will be sent after 3.30pm on Wednesday 11 October to arrive by Thursday 12 October at the latest. If you have elected on your registration form to share your child's result with more than one school, a separate result email or letter will be sent to you from each school.

Ultimately, the time you'll receive the result will depend on whether you gave them an email address or traditional post. So, I'll be waiting on my email after 3.30 on the Wednesday.

Hope that helps.
Debims

Post by Debims »

Anyone else finding it pops into your head in the middle of the night and then prevents sleep?! Just want it over with now. I guess we're over the half way mark with waiting so the worst is over!
wileycoyote

Post by wileycoyote »

Eek.
Can someone more intelligent than me explain the process please? This is what I think happens next: there is a pass mark, and if your child achieves it, they get a ranking per school. Is the pass mark the same per school or do schools have different ones? Then if your ranking is within the school's PAN, you are sure of a place. If outside, you might be ranked down to about what - 250? 300? Closing date for CAF (I think) is 31 October, includes non-grammars. So once all the PAN definite places are allocated, you find out on 1 March if your ranking is high enough to give you a place. If not, you can put your name on a waiting list? Can you go on a waiting list even if you didn't get the pass mark? You can appeal - on what grounds? And after 1 March all the places are allocated and even up until September things change. How come?

Anything else I need to know?
wiltsmum

Post by wiltsmum »

Definitely after 3.30pm on the 11th of October. Can't wait, can't stand this long waiting stage.
cazien

Post by cazien »

wileycoyote wrote:Eek.
Can someone more intelligent than me explain the process please? This is what I think happens next: there is a pass mark, and if your child achieves it, they get a ranking per school. Is the pass mark the same per school or do schools have different ones? Then if your ranking is within the school's PAN, you are sure of a place. If outside, you might be ranked down to about what - 250? 300? Closing date for CAF (I think) is 31 October, includes non-grammars. So once all the PAN definite places are allocated, you find out on 1 March if your ranking is high enough to give you a place. If not, you can put your name on a waiting list? Can you go on a waiting list even if you didn't get the pass mark? You can appeal - on what grounds? And after 1 March all the places are allocated and even up until September things change. How come?

Anything else I need to know?
Every school has there own pass mark and you will receive a different rank for each school you have shared with (provided DC has reached qualifying score).
Yes, if the rank is within PAN you have a place. Ranks can go lower than 500 at some schools (as most share with 4 or 5 schools they can only take one place at one school). Each school has a number they will rank to.
Closing date is the same for everyone applying. You do not initially have to put your name on a waiting list as there are changes when people accept or decline the school place offered. You have to accept the school place and ask for reconsideration if you haven't received the school you want. Once re-allocations are finalised, you can contact the school to ask to go on a waiting list and/or appeal.
Yes you can appeal even if your DC didn't get a rank, but you will need substantial evidence (why DC didn't pass, academic ability, why they should go to that school etc).
People change there minds about going to the school they have been allocated, they move out of the area, or (as has happened in the past) realise the journey is not feasible for DC to make.

Many apologies, but the information I have given on here may not be correct. At least one school (HSFG - see Watermelon8 post below) will be reserving PP places for 2018 admission, this may lead to those who have achieved a rank in PAN NOT being guaranteed a place. I believe all grammar schools have intimated this will happen in the future but I did not know it had been included in any Admissions Policy yet. Many apologies again as this is probably not what you want to hear now
Last edited by cazien on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.