Who's in for the 2018 test??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cazien

Re: Who's in for the 2018 test??

Post by cazien »

Me neither, never again going through the 11+ - it's A levels (or T-Levels :? ) for my DS's in 2019 :shock: and then a couple of years until 2021 when DD sits GCSE's (or whatever they may be called by then :roll: :lol: :!: ).

Advice offered on here has been amazing. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone facing this journey.
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

stroudydad wrote:
CKMum wrote:Yep - so thankful that we have finished the 11+ journey - and have been very grateful for this forum to help keep focus, sanity and offer really sound advice as needed! Focus now switches to GCSEs for eldest DC in 2018-19, with a pattern of GCSEs/A levels/HE options every year/other year until DC3 completes.

My bro and sis-in-law have their first DC starting the 11+ journey in readiness for the 2018 test.

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice, asked the questions I hadn't thought of but raised really interesting topics. Wishing everyone all the very best going forward throughout school careers and beyond!
Remember the forum isn't just about EP. There are great sections on GCSE, A-level and University too:-)
Will be checking out those sections in the coming years then!!! After their educational journeys, it'll no doubt be jobs/partners/living queries - are there forums for those - or should we initiate something? :lol: :roll: :shock: 8)
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think we need one for ourselves on the challenges of mid life and then growing old! 'Who can recommend the best Zimmer frame, that kind of thing'. :?
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Nope. Not me, never again :lol: :lol: :lol: I've done my first lot of GCSE's too (what do you mean they weren't my GCSE's???)

Now all I have to do is wait patiently for the end of primary school without taking him out and home educating him - do they actually do anything in Y6?

Can you tell I'm beginning to feel demob happy?
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Amber wrote:I think we need one for ourselves on the challenges of mid life and then growing old! 'Who can recommend the best Zimmer frame, that kind of thing'. :?
Yep - that's a forum I can definitely join! :lol: :roll:
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Definitely not for me thanks, this one (& only one) has been quite stressful enough. Thanks to all those who have shared their opinions & given words of wisdom. Much appreciated.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

CKMum wrote:
Amber wrote:I think we need one for ourselves on the challenges of mid life and then growing old! 'Who can recommend the best Zimmer frame, that kind of thing'. :?
Yep - that's a forum I can definitely join! :lol: :roll:
+1
authormum

Post by authormum »

*waves*
Hi everyone, I'm back for 2018 test with DD2 (DD1 sat the 2015 test and started SHS in 2016 so now in y8).
DD2 has just decided she's up for it, so here we go...
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

Hi All, having a giggle over these posts. Tried to share with my family last evening. DD2 has decided this is a chat room for old people and DH says it sounds like a reverse dating site!!! :lol:
Done and dusted with the 11+ journey last year. Heading for the white knuckle ride of GCSEs 2018/19!
I'll will continue to surf the 11+ forum - obsessed!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Nammum wrote:Hi All, having a giggle over these posts. Tried to share with my family last evening. DD2 has decided this is a chat room for old people and DH says it sounds like a reverse dating site!!! :lol:
Done and dusted with the 11+ journey last year. Heading for the white knuckle ride of GCSEs 2018/19!
I'll will continue to surf the 11+ forum - obsessed!
Don't forget there is a good forum on GCSE on here too:-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now