Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 2246
Hi All,
I am in the process of trying to put together all the figure s about the test this year.
Due to he changes this year I thought it would be a good reference for future sitters, and especially if it can then be correlated with actual places in March.

If you have any form information can you let me know please. Especially interested in the following:

1. Numbers of students who actually sat the test at each school. (Even better if you know the ratio of boys to girls at Pates/Crypt.

2. Lowest ranking number (should be the number of shares/cohort)

3. Lowest Rank that was classified as having achieved the qualifying score

4. Any other information that may be relevant. Such as ranks of your DC - so that come March they can be correlated to places. ( and preferred school would be good to reference in March)

I have the above info for Marling and STRS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 8058
Can't you just email the LA who will tell you all of that if you submit a FOI request? I submitted one to them last year asking about the numbers of privately educated children who got into GS here and got a breakdown by school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 2246
Amber wrote:
Can't you just email the LA who will tell you all of that if you submit a FOI request? I submitted one to them last year asking about the numbers of privately educated children who got into GS here and got a breakdown by school.



I could but to be honest was being lazy and hoping to answer most here without need to go to the form. By the way, what were there results of your FOI?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm
Posts: 6
Girls - 1083 sat the test

Ribston - approx 800 girls shared results with Ribston.

Stroud High School - 789 girls shared results with Stroud

High School for Girls - email didn't say...

Pate's- ranks 1-225 considered to have achieved qualifying standard.

Crypt - 1819 students shared results with Crypt. Ranks 1-600 considered to have achieved qualifying standard.


That's about all I can glean from the emails I received last night. I hadn't really noticed last night (was only interested in the results!) but not every school gives the same level of info. I hope it is helpful and is what you are after.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:55 pm
Posts: 47
Regarding -Numbers of privately educated children who got into GS here and got a breakdown by school.

I would be interested in knowing this too.

Good Initiative "stroudydad". Thanks for doing this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 2246
AndBreathe wrote:
Girls - 1083 sat the test

Ribston - approx 800 girls shared results with Ribston.

Stroud High School - 789 girls shared results with Stroud

High School for Girls - email didn't say...

Pate's- ranks 1-225 considered to have achieved qualifying standard.

Crypt - 1819 students shared results with Crypt. Ranks 1-600 considered to have achieved qualifying standard.


That's about all I can glean from the emails I received last night. I hadn't really noticed last night (was only interested in the results!) but not every school gives the same level of info. I hope it is helpful and is what you are after.


Hi there. Where did the total for all the girls who sat the test come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm
Posts: 66
I think the number was from SHS email for the number of girls who sat the test.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm
Posts: 6
Yes, it was within our email from Stroud High.

Ribston put it more vaguely "about 1000 girls"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 2246
AndBreathe wrote:
Yes, it was within our email from Stroud High.

Ribston put it more vaguely "about 1000 girls"



Such a shame none of the boys schools put that...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 pm
Posts: 38
I read somewhere that approx 2000 sat the test, then the boys numbers must be fairly even with the girls, going on those figures?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021