Pate's scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
proud mum x2

Pate's scores

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi, I was just reading one of Orson's "old" posts, where he was talking about one of his girl pupils getting into Pates comfortably,and stated her scores for the two papers sat at Pates. Can anyone tell me if there is any way that we will/can get to find out the scores after the offer of places? I was under the impression that Pates didn't tell the top 120,(because of pastoral reasons)but that we get to know the score from Denmark Road,if that was a stated preference .Or does Orson get to know because he is a tutor? How unfair is that!!!!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I think it is just individual schools'policy Proud mum.Nothing to do with being a tutor-and his pupil may have not got in the top 120 but got a place off the waiting list,when you would know your score.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Thanks, was just wondering,I didn't realize that Orson was a teacher as well as a tutor, just would really love to know her score, you spend months helping, checking scores,etc,then when the BIG one comes-you're left in the dark. I know she got the result, but she would love to know how many she got right, even more than me! Anyway she's happy to be going there,so that's what matters.Thanks for your help.
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Hi Proud mum,I'm sure you know this,but even if you have your Denmark Rd score,it will only give you a rough idea as to the Pate's score as they are standardised against different cohorts.Last year I had my daughter's score from Denmark rd as we had put it as second choice.We were sent a letter from Denmark Rd to say she was in the top third of their cohort aswell.I didn't think her scores were particularly amazing even though she was in the top third,but by all accounts the exam was a toughie! Have you tried ringing Pates? i know they are not keen but you never know.The school stress at the new parent's meeting in July that passing the exam means they will cope and not to worry about their marks.Have just had daughter's grade card and it was great,full of 1 and 1stars.Just enjoy the fact that she has got into Pates and that the scores might get them in initially but are not always an indication of how well they are going to do.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi thanks last year mum, I didn't really want to know to wonder if she would cope, just being nosy! like I said although we are right there with them,encouraging and so on.... She and I just wanted some idea....but I realize it's not at all important really!To be honest,it's me more than her, she is so chilled about the whole thing! we went to Pate's the other night for a 6th former's night,and she showed some real interest for the first time! She had been disinterested until then,although she has always said that she wanted to go there.I will just have to be satisfied with a little more info from Denmark Road!
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Yep,I quite agree,we certainly go through it with them! Also agree with the being nosy comment if I'm honest.At least my curiosity was satisfied by the Denmark rd letter.I'm sure your daughter will be fine,I think the disinterestedness is just a way of dealing with the lull that is year six after the grammar tests.A coping mechanism.At least you've got the SAT's to look forward to!
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Proud mum.Forgot to say ,you've also got GCSE's to look forward to.Good luck to your son.I hear it's pretty competitive getting into Pate's sixth form.At least I have a few years to go before that particular joy!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

I think you are right about the reasons for her lack of interest, also ,she is (i think) a little scared about this next big phase of her life, she wouldn't admit this either!, as for SATS well there will no pressure from me, it's a measure of the teaching, and won't affect her at all now.I will encourage her to do her best, but no more than that. She was working at level 5's last year, so she should be fine,the pressure as they say ....is off!
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

It's a huge step going to senior school,but pates seem to do a v good job of settling them in quickly with induction days and activity sessions. Quite scary for us too when the youngest is at this stage.They seem to grow up so quickly when at senior school.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Thanks for the good luck for my son, he should be ok,he's been a"good" pupil for them up until now,and is predicted to get good grades at gcse's. He did grow up fast there,and settled v.quickly,is adorable and loving,(even at 16!) my daughter is very similar in ability,totally different in character, she already thinks she IS grown up! and is, in some ways,needing no organisation,or reminding about anything,in fact my son would be lost without her help!!! thanks again .Continuing good luck to you,your daughter and the rest of your "brood"!I hope she enjoys all that Pate's has to offer in the coming years x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now