The effect of the Crypt/Tommies changes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dr.watson

Re: The effect of the Crypt/Tommies changes

Post by dr.watson »

Hi...I will see if I can get it reconfirmed...

Here are the results for my DS2 -

Pates = 762
Tommies = 305
Crypt = 514
Marling = 251

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Dr. Watson
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

Another set of rankings for you:

Pates 370
Crypt 330
STR 197
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Crypt 330
STR 197

STRS score is 59.7% of Crypt score

Tommies = 305
Crypt = 514

STRS score is 59.3% of Crypt score

More evidence pointing to 60% ish of the Crypt qualifiers being boys, and 40% being girls. (I have to say, I had a little moment of being pleased to see two more results consistent with the theory :D )

Also:

Pates 370
Crypt 330

is consistent with the difference between Pates and Crypt qualifiers on page 1.

The end result on March 1st though is not possible to predict, as it depends totally on how many girls opt for Crypt, and in particular how many of the higher-scoring girls do this.
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

I'm glad there are others out there more obsessed than me! Can't wait to see if March allocations follow predictions.
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

dr.watson wrote:Hi...I will see if I can get it reconfirmed...

Pates = 762
Tommies = 305
Crypt = 514
Marling = 251

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Dr. Watson

Now this has me confused!

DS 'ranked' early 600 for Pates, early 300 for Marling, Nothing for STR, and nothing for Crypt.....how can it be so different for my DS than the above?!? (As in, how can DS be a ranked 150+ higher for Pates than the above but he didn't get a ranking for STR and Crypt..)
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Topic review - The effect of the Crypt/Tommies changes

AuthorMessageMountainDweller Post subject: Re: The effect of the Crypt/Tommies changes 

dr.watson wrote:

Hi...I will see if I can get it reconfirmed...

Pates = 762
Tommies = 305
Crypt = 514
Marling = 251

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Dr. Watson

Now this has me confused!

DS 'ranked' early 600 for Pates, early 300 for Marling, Nothing for STR, and nothing for Crypt.....how can it be so different for my DS than the above?!? (As in, how can DS be a ranked 150+ higher for Pates than the above but he didn't get a ranking for STR and Crypt..)

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:26 
This must, I think be something to do with Pates only qualifying DC who passed all 3 sections of the test. Perhaps DC with lower ranks for Pates didn't 'pass' all 3 sections of the test even though they actually scored highly over all.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

If it helps anyone second guess

Crypt 163
Pates 201

But choosing HSFG as within PAN.

I personally do not think there be many girls / girls' parents expressing a high preference for Crypt. Therefore, the girls that end up at crypt will have quite low ranks for HSFG and Ribston. My thinking is that from a protective point of view in that there will be far too much attention paid to them by the boys than you'd get in a normal co-ed just because there will be so few of them. If in a couple of years time there are quite a few girls at the school I would expect this concern to diminish.
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

The stats I have from other threads this year are:

Pates 192 = Crypt 154
Pates 192 = Crypt 158
Pates 230 = Crypt 202
Pates 275 = Crypt 231
Pates 305 = Crypt 266
Pates 460 = Crypt 423
Pates 548 = Crypt 544
Pates 762 = Crypt 514

and Pates early 600s= Crypt unqualified.

Clearly something funny is going on further down the rankings at Pates - it is relatively consistent for the high-scorers though. I expect it is something to do with the different qualification system at Pates, and may reflect a disparity in the child's scores between the different sections.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Legofan wrote:If it helps anyone second guess

Crypt 163
Pates 201

But choosing HSFG as within PAN.

I personally do not think there be many girls / girls' parents expressing a high preference for Crypt. Therefore, the girls that end up at crypt will have quite low ranks for HSFG and Ribston. My thinking is that from a protective point of view in that there will be far too much attention paid to them by the boys than you'd get in a normal co-ed just because there will be so few of them. If in a couple of years time there are quite a few girls at the school I would expect this concern to diminish.
The girls we know who really want Crypt, I think will quite look forward to that attention! As someone choosing btw strs & Crypt, I think the 2018 crypt intake will have everything thrown at them to make the transition successful - resources, extra care etc. That's an attractive prospect!
SazP

Post by SazP »

We had a girls ranking

760 for Pates
502 for Crypt

Qualified for HSFG (well within rankings) but will choose SHS as preferred choice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now