Filling in the CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Penguin55

Re: Filling in the CAF

Post by Penguin55 »

ToadMum wrote: Yes, basically. If applicants are ranked by the school on a certain criterion, then someone better meeting that criterion will be ranked by the school higher up, regardless of where they listed the school. Schools do not know where you have ranked them on your CAF; it is contrary to the Admissions Code to take that into consideration - Schools are only permitted to ask for and use information which directly relates to their published admissions criteria.
Thanks ToadMum. The stats last years showed 153 girls put HSFG as first choice, so I assumed the schools knew the order of preference during the allocation process. I know our chances of a place are low, but I am going to hang in there :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think the position on the CAF will only be known when the stats are compiled afterwards
Penguin55

Post by Penguin55 »

Thanks both.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but am I right in thinking that the only thing connecting the CAF application and 11+ results is the child’s name and birth date? I’m not missing a reference somewhere??
MonaB

Post by MonaB »

Do the LA when allocating places consider if the applicant has a sibling at their first choice school and whether he’s in receipt of PP?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Penguin55 wrote:Thanks both.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but am I right in thinking that the only thing connecting the CAF application and 11+ results is the child’s name and birth date? I’m not missing a reference somewhere??
You are correct:-) there is no ‘pass reference’ or anything.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

MonaB wrote:Do the LA when allocating places consider if the applicant has a sibling at their first choice school and whether he’s in receipt of PP?
Not unless the school has a sibling / pp policy.
I don’t think any of the glos grammars have a sibling policy, clearly they have some PP.
saveheart

Post by saveheart »

could anyone post the link for 'CAF' form for Gloucestershire? Many thanks
saveheart

Post by saveheart »

anamikaEpping

Post by anamikaEpping »

Penguin55 wrote:Thanks both.

Just submitted the CAF and I was wondering the same. Just curious what if two children share same name and birthdate ? is there a provision in the LA/selective school process to deal with this scenario or is this considered too remote a chance to need addressing.
For all entrance tests , the school assigned candidate ID. What details to LA share about applicants and how do selective schools link up LA applications to the candidate list on their side ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now