Filling in the CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Legofan

Filling in the CAF

Post by Legofan »

Hi, I'm probably being stupid but what reason do I put for choosing HSFG - the only options are single sex school, co-ed school or N/A. I was thinking single sex to show I know it's a girls school (prior to sixth form) but does it matter?

And I assume I leave other reasons blank?

Thanks
stroudydad

Re: Filling in the CAF

Post by stroudydad »

If you do a search there is a thread on this very subject somewhere. Sorry don't have time to look now myself.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

you don't need to put anything in that column
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Thanks Etienne... knew I had read it somewhere:-)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

stroudydad wrote:Thanks Etienne... knew I had read it somewhere:-)
Glad to be of help - unfortunately it wouldn't show up on a forum search as the Q&As are separate.

At the end of A27 I've added a link to C2 (typical reasons for wanting a place).
Etienne
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

Thanks for the help
capers123

Post by capers123 »

In the last 10 years I've not seen a copy, or printout of the CAF at a Gloucestershire Appeal, nor has the subject of what was put in that field been raised.

Of course, that's not to say it wouldn't be included in the future, but I'd be quite surprised if it was.
Capers
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks, capers. It varies from area to area. In Essex and Bucks, for example, an LA panel will normally get a copy of the CAF included in the appeal paperwork.

Elsewhere I've come across two schools running their own appeals - one in London, one in Kent - where they were getting hold of the CAF from the LA but not including it in the appeal paperwork or informing the parents!
Contrary to natural justice, in at least one of these cases the panel privately used the information in the CAF against the parents in arriving at their decision (which was to refuse the appeal).
A serious breach of the Code. :roll:
Etienne
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Etienne wrote:Contrary to natural justice, in at least one of these cases the panel privately used the information in the CAF against the parents in arriving at their decision (which was to refuse the appeal).
A serious breach of the Code. :roll:
Panel to Admissions Authority:"Would you like to tell me why the Parents were not sent this information in advance? Have none of the Parents been sent this information?".
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now