Sports provision at the grammars that take girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: Sports provision at the grammars that take girls

Post by stroudydad »

AndBreathe wrote:Stroud High School has 'football boots' listed as an essential item on the PE uniform list...
DD remembers playing both rugby and football as part of the curriculum but can't remember Cricket, though she would probably have wiped that memory from the mind... she's never been one for hitting balls with sticks, prefers hitting people... (hockey also)

They also have extra curriculular in archery, swimming, handball, I think triathlon, and certainly tried equestrian but not sure if that's still an going.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

stroudydad wrote:
AndBreathe wrote:Stroud High School has 'football boots' listed as an essential item on the PE uniform list...
DD remembers playing both rugby and football as part of the curriculum but can't remember Cricket, though she would probably have wiped that memory from the mind... she's never been one for hitting balls with sticks, prefers hitting people... (hockey also)

They also have extra curriculular in archery, swimming, handball, I think triathlon, and certainly tried equestrian but not sure if that's still an going.
DD also at Stroud High and has played both football and rugby. Never played hockey but I think she did some cricket last year.
DD at Pate's did hockey, but no rugby, football or cricket. Mind you, it may have changed lower down the school now. She chose zumba and yoga as soon as she was able.
yellowdawg

Post by yellowdawg »

DD in Year 9 at SHS.

Year 7 - hockey, netball, gymnastics, dance, athletics, badminton, tennis, cricket, rounders
Year 8 - football, basketball and "pretty much most of what we did in Year 7" (her words)
Year 9 so far - gymnastics, netball and about to start rugby
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now