Gloucestershire Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Re: Gloucestershire Allocations

Post by stroudydad »

pixiequeen wrote:Offer from SHS rank 240. We were reasonably confident of a place but it's a relief to know for sure.
Good news :-)
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

DS in Pates as expected :D . Interestingly also got an email from Crypt offering place if we were reconsidering - it does seem that they are hugely undersubscribed this year. I am sure that they will allocate all their places in the end, but for those who were not allocated in first round, but whose DC got a qualifying score for Crypt and you are keen on a place there, I would guess that your DC would have a good chance...

All the best to everyone and time to go and play in the snow instead :lol:
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Offered our first choice, Ribston!! Rank was 459. So happy!! Seems like Crypt going co-ed has made an impact on girls places, as friend of mines daughter was ranked 504 and also offered a place at Ribston!
smileandsparkle

Post by smileandsparkle »

Asking for a friend:

Does anyone know the rules on applying for Crypt if they didn't share with Crypt first time round? Now they are struggling to fill places will they consider someone who didn't originally share? Just looking at options right now.

Thanks!
smileandsparkle

Post by smileandsparkle »

Also, asking for us this time!

Does anyone know how long it is likely to be until we hear from Pates having accepted a place? Is it likely to be today or will they wait until 8th March before contacting us?

Not sure whether to bother keep refreshing my emails or not!! :lol: :lol:
Debims

Post by Debims »

smileandsparkle wrote:We're in!!!! Thank goodness for that!!!! Its been a loooooong 4/5 months since results day!!
We were 151 for Pates so I was fairly confident we would make the cut but still there was that bit of uncertainty that has made for an extremely fractious 11yr old recently!!
Unfortunately, she doesn't want to know until she gets home from school - her reason was that if she didn't get in, she wanted time to process her disappointment :roll: BUT seeing as its good news, I think I might tell her anyway!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck everyone - I hope you get your 1st/2nd/3rd/4th choices!!!!!
Congratulations! We're in too - offered Pate's at 175 which frankly we were not counting on, not sure how far down they have gone but relieved it's all over and we can start planning.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

smileandsparkle wrote:Asking for a friend:

Does anyone know the rules on applying for Crypt if they didn't share with Crypt first time round? Now they are struggling to fill places will they consider someone who didn't originally share? Just looking at options right now.

Thanks!
Yes definitely - if you fill out the late waiting list application form on the Glos website, you can choose to share with more schools at that point. We haven't, as we only want SHS, but we could have done. Also, the Crypt website has lots of info.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Just spoke to the lady at SHS who said they've offered up to 375 today. So we're not too far off with a chance for the second round. Hope springs eternal :)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Jaethel wrote:Just spoke to the lady at SHS who said they've offered up to 375 today. So we're not too far off with a chance for the second round. Hope springs eternal :)
That's only 9 people potentially in front of your Dd. Almost certainly a number of those won't actually still want a place at SHS, so fingers crossed. There is always some movement.. in my DDs year (now Y11) two girls in her class just didn't show up in september even...
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Jaethel wrote:
smileandsparkle wrote:Asking for a friend:

Thanks!
Yes definitely - if you fill out the late waiting list application form on the Glos website, you can choose to share with more schools at that point. We haven't, as we only want SHS, but we could have done. Also, the Crypt website has lots of info.
That’s great to know. Have passed it onto friends who want Crypt but were beyond the cut off. Thanks :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now