2017 Gloucestershire allocations ranks/scores Entry 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shalini Tupurani

Re: Gloucestershire allocations - ranks / scores only please

Post by Shalini Tupurani »

Does anyone know how the waiting list success criteria has been at pates over the last few years? My son got 209 rank with pates and didn't get a place, so we put on waiting list on the CAF . Any hope?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Very unlikely I am afraid. I don't think they have ever gone that low. Hopefully you are happy with Crypt as an alternative. :D
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Shalini Tupurani wrote:Does anyone know how the waiting list success criteria has been at pates over the last few years? My son got 209 rank with pates and didn't get a place, so we put on waiting list on the CAF . Any hope?
I agree, it’s very unlikely. Crypt is a great school though, certainly not a consolation place!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

conroyiwhiwhu wrote:
Amber wrote:
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:Can I be fairly confident that DS will be allocated a place at Crypt after 30th March?
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:Didn't have it on CAF list back in October as didn't share with other schools as DS preferred co-ed, therefore hoping to pick this up from the WL.
I am puzzled. Crypt is co-ed. And if you didn't put it on the CAF, how are you expecting to be on the waiting list and to be allocated a place? Does anyone at the school or in the council actually know you want a place there, or am I missing something?
I put it on the common WL application which closed on Friday, March 8th. Looks like DC will be alright (from reading through other posts here) since we are well within the qualified 600.
Am I correct in beiling that you couldn't 'add options' to your CAF after the deadline in years gone by? When did this change?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Not sure if it is something which has been allowed this year only because of the Common Application Form Crypt Allocations Fiasco (CAF CAF) though I doubt it. I wonder if people working on it (CAF CAF staff) are feeling the stress this time. I mentioned on another thread that I was in touch with them incidentally and was told it was 'rather complicated this year'.

It would be fun to be on an appeals panel this time round I think.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

I’m fairly sure that the option to share with schools not originally named on your CAF was on last year’s WL form too, as the link was circulated in some notes from SHS with the October results. Quite small type though!
smileandsparkle

Post by smileandsparkle »

Mostly laughing at 'CAF CAF staff' more than paying attention to the thread at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: Well played Amber, well played!

For what its worth, I've never heard of being able to add to the CAF if you hadn't already put it down first time round, but then again, I never read the small print so I don't know for sure.

Good luck to those who are appealing, I imagine a HUGE reshuffle once Crypt get through their mountain of appeals so fingers crossed there are a lot more happy faces in a month or so.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

It certainly wasn't an option when DS1 & DD did theirs.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you have to nominate individual Gloucestershire grammar schools for which you want your DC to be considered - in the same way that you indicate that you want your DC's raw scores to be shared with schools in other (same exam) CEM areas where s/he has registered interest - it would imply that each school's cohort of candidates is standardised separately? So how are new applicants ranked? Does GCC submit the list of new applicants for each school to CEM for a rerun of the standardisation process, I wonder?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

ToadMum wrote:If you have to nominate individual Gloucestershire grammar schools for which you want your DC to be considered - in the same way that you indicate that you want your DC's raw scores to be shared with schools in other (same exam) CEM areas where s/he has registered interest - it would imply that each school's cohort of candidates is standardised separately? So how are new applicants ranked? Does GCC submit the list of new applicants for each school to CEM for a rerun of the standardisation process, I wonder?
It's a good point, certainly you need to tick which schools you want to share with, and yes the cohorts are different.