Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 pm 

For anyone wondering about Crypt uniform. Similar to Tommies they sell it themselves. Crypt have a fantastic PTA run fitting day in the summer hols where you turn up & buy blazer, tie, sports kit & liaise with the embroidery lady about having your child’s name put on PE kit (this is compulsory & really helps if they lose something!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 pm 

I'm not expecting to hear anything until after they know whether you've accepted the place or not (so after 9th March?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:21 pm 

Letter arrived in the post from Tommies this morning, blazer fitting appointment for this Thursday! Excited, moi? Just a little!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 pm 

[quote="Eromdap"]Letter arrived in the post from Tommies this morning, blazer fitting appointment for this Thursday! Excited, moi? Just a little![/quote

Same here! I did a double take on the date - our blazer fitting is on Wednesday!
Seems very organised!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:56 pm 

Eromdap wrote:
Letter arrived in the post from Tommies this morning, blazer fitting appointment for this Thursday! Excited, moi? Just a little!

Oh my god I'm so jealous!!! :shock: I still haven't heard anything from Pates and feeling a bit deflated after the excitement of Thursday! :lol:

Tommies sounds like an amazing school, hoping DS will head that way in 5 yrs time but at the moment he's still convinced he is going to be a train when he's older....so we'll see... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:31 pm 

Our letter from SHS arrived this morning as we've had no post due to the snow. It contains details of parent's evening & induction day in early July & the fact she'll get a visit at a school too.

My DD is nervous/excited all at the same time!

I think blazer fitting next week is a little early - there's 6 months of growth that it needs to take account of! I know I'm organised but I was thinking of June / July time! Anyway enjoy - part of becoming part of the school. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm 

smileandsparkle wrote:
Eromdap wrote:

Oh my god I'm so jealous!!! :shock: I still haven't heard anything from Pates and feeling a bit deflated after the excitement of Thursday! :lol:

Tommies sounds like an amazing school, hoping DS will head that way in 5 yrs time but at the moment he's still convinced he is going to be a train when he's older....so we'll see... :lol: :lol:

Don’t know why but it’s that early every year! Seems far too early. No growing from now then!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 pm 

The ladies in the STR uniform shop are very good at ensuring growing room. DS first blazer lasted from Y7 to Y9 and has only had 2 Blazers. He has been measured for his sixth form blazer already.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm 

It makes it feel a bit special doesn't it?

I too am a bit jealous...do DD get some something similar if they join in the sixth form?? All the positive comments on here about tommies make me think we will consider it when we get there...but for now its 5 years away - way too early to be thinking about!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm 

Letter also received today from Marling, detailing new parents evening and settling in day, dated 1st March