Ribston Hall Head

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cazien

Ribston Hall Head

Post by cazien »

Posted on 10/11/17.

"The Governors were pleased to meet a number of exceptional candidates for the position of Headteacher of Ribston Hall High School. Having completed a rigorous and thorough three day process involving staff, students and governors, the Governors have come to the unanimous decision that we have not yet found the right candidate for the school.
Ribston Hall High School is a school with a unique character and we are dedicated to finding the right person to lead us into the future."

Guess the wait goes on......
Guest55

Re: Ribston Hall Head

Post by Guest55 »

Nothing worse than appointing the wrong Headteacher ... they are wise to wait.
pish

Post by pish »

Thanks Cazien. My money was on Mr Alec Waters. Guess we have to wait and watch.
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

In my experience it is better to wait and get it right than get the wrong person as it's difficult to remove someone once in situ.
cazien

Post by cazien »

pish wrote:Thanks Cazien. My money was on Mr Alec Waters. Guess we have to wait and watch.
DD said 5 people were introduced to her class during interviews - Mr Waters was not one of them (but then I guess he wouldn't have to be "introduced" to them :lol: .
Octsmum wrote:In my experience it is better to wait and get it right than get the wrong person as it's difficult to remove someone once in situ.
Totally agree.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

It's very hard work choosing a new head. They need to feel 'right' for the school which may not come through when sorting the candidates for interview.

I also remember hearing about one Primary where they'd found the right person but salary became a major sticking point.
Capers
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Any word on whether a new head has been appointed for Ribston yet? As I believe Mrs Chong leaves in April?
Amber

Post by Amber »

The only grammar school in Gloucestershire advertising currently for staff is Marling (3 jobs) so one assumes they have either got someone or are in the process of getting someone.
cazien

Post by cazien »

They are interviewing now - DD had two candidates address her year yesterday.
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Thank you both...Looks like something could be announced soon then!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now