Buses from Cirencester to Stroud

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Octsmum

Buses from Cirencester to Stroud

Post by Octsmum »

Hi everyone

DD is off to SHS in September. We seem to have a choice of bus companies - Rover, IGOBus, Denwells & there may others too like Cotswold Green & Stagecoach.

Aside from cost & pick up points - is there anything else I should be looking at? Are they all reliable? Safe? Maintained well etc? Good communications? I've heard that one bus company keeps breaking down but the Mum didn't know which one it was!

Any experiences good / bad? I'd be grateful if you could share. Thank you for taking the time, much appreciated!
pixiequeen

Re: Buses from Cirencester to Stroud

Post by pixiequeen »

DD1 uses a Rover service to get from Stroud to Cirencester College and we have never had a problem with it, other than it occasionally being a bit late. I imagine their service going the other way is much the same.
yellowdawg

Post by yellowdawg »

DD (in Y9 at SHS) takes the dedicated Rover bus, lots of Marling/SHS pupils on it. There's two Rover buses - Bus A which starts in Lechlade, goes through Cirencester and then on to the Stroud schools and Bus B which covers Cirencester and also picks up and drops off from our village (Coates) which is why we chose it. Several of DD's friends take Cotswold Green which is the public transport service. Big difference in cost, the latter is several hundred pounds cheaper, or certainly was.....

Never had a problem with Rover B in two and a half years; no breakdowns and gets into school about 8.20am. If SHS finishes early e.g. on a snow day like Thursday or at 1pm on a breaking up day, they accommodate this. No issues with communications.

DD says Cotswold Green girls always only just make it into registration and reports that their bus has broken down on several occasions.

Hope this helps!
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Thank you both. That's really helpful. Much appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now