I-go bus vs Bennetts??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smileandsparkle

I-go bus vs Bennetts??

Post by smileandsparkle »

Any experience with either of these companies that anyone could share?

As far as I can see, these are the only 2 that serve Pates from Gloucester, so I'm wondering which one to go for (other than price)? They have both agreed to add a stop for us at the end of our road (they go that way anyway just currently don't stop there).

I'm a little surprised actually as when I spoke to the guy at i-go he commented that they were cheaper than Bennetts (and I would have thought that they were given that I had never heard of them!) but upon checking the prices - they are actually more expensive, by almost £200 a year! Thats based on paying Bennetts as a lump sum not monthly, but i-go don't offer a discount for upfront payment to compare. So I'm not sure if he's actually unaware that they are coming up more expensive, but even on Bennetts 9 month standing order, they are still £100 cheaper!?

Anyway I digress - any thoughts on the services themselves? Reliability? Cleanliness? Friendly drivers? etc

Hope someone can help, I want to get the form in asap to secure our (I mean, her..) place!! :roll:
Amber

Re: I-go bus vs Bennetts??

Post by Amber »

We used Bennetts for the STR route for years and still do for one of ours. I cannot say a word against them - reliable, punctual and very good to deal with admin-wise. Bennetts also are very good around exam leave, and also with children passing driving tests halfway through sixth form - you can get refunds for returned passes. I would definitely recommend them. No experience of the other one I'm afraid.
smileandsparkle

Thanks Amber, I appreciate that feedback - to be honest its the one I've heard of out of the two, but I know that doesn't always mean anything, so a personal recommendation is worth its weight in gold.
Debims

Post by Debims »

We use Bennetts the other way round, from Chelt to Gloucester HSFG, they are reliable, communication is good and the quality of the coaches is top notch. I-Go are more likely to use smaller older buses - the one I see on its way to Pate's is a mini bus.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

One thing that I was keen on was being able to pay by credit card. That way if the company was to go bust (or the owner decide to close the company which happened to a company up north last October leaving school children stranded) you’d be covered.

My DD will be on a marchants route and they offer cc payment option.
kittymom

Post by kittymom »

My son has travelled from Gloucester to Pate's for nearly 2 years now, and we are v happy with Bennett's. They usually have a nice, big comfy coach - whereas I-go buses often look older and shabbier.
smileandsparkle

Thanks guys, we have put in the application for Bennetts now - just waiting confirmation that they are happy to add a stop in for us (its along the route anyway!!) and they said they will call to take the card payment! EEEk!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now