Crypt Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

YankBritmum

Re: Crypt Appeals

Post by YankBritmum »

I'm not sure if all the 'final' appeal numbers were figured out/disclosed? Anyway, I was chatting to the Head at the Crypt open day this morning. In conversation, he told me they had 161 appeals, with 31 being successful! He wouldn't be drawn on what number they might qualify to, for the Sept 2019 intake, as, of course, number of shares play a factor.

He also said in his main speech to the whole group that they had 50 girls starting this September in Y7.

I am still figuring out posting, as I'm a newbie, so I just linked it to your quote Lysander, no other reason!!!
Lysander wrote:I am not even going to attempt to quote anyone, as I don't want to end up rolling my eyes at Amber by mistake, who has probably quite had enough intentional and non-intentional eye rolls.

Amber: I agree with you. The changes at STRS, which took 30 boys who would have otherwise ended up at Crypt and Marling, was not the factor that caused Crypt to be undersubscribed by 71 places on allocation day. Even if all thirty of the "extra" STRS boys would have otherwise opted for Crypt, they still put their pass ranking 195 places too high.

But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they're all good schools, as are a number of the non-grammars: the fact that Crypt royally messed up its admissions process this year doesn't have any correlation to the quality of education it provides. I'm sure it'll be much more straightforward for the kids going to secondary in 2020: Next year there'll still be some settling down, as people will be unsettled by this year's shenanigans, but it'll soon become the new normal.

Fortunately for me, the youngest Lysander doesn't start secondary until 2021, by which time, everything will be crystal clear (hollow laugh). And I'm sure, if she qualifies, she will have Crypt among the choices on her CAF, just like her older brother.