Very late application for Sep 18 - moving from Edinburgh

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DC17C

Re: Very late application for Sep 18 - moving from Edinburgh

Post by DC17C »

Whew...must be a big relief all round to have a place...just a bonus if you get something nearer to where you plan to live...but he will be fine at Crypt if that is where he ends up.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Oh congratulations Silentdraperunners' DS that must be a real boost in what must have been unsettling times for you all
mad?
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Congratulations....So that's 28 spaces left at Crypt now then?! (That we know of!)
Silentdraperunners

Post by Silentdraperunners »

Thank you everyone. Yes - a massive relief! And yes - I think 28 spaces left at Crypt!
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Huge congratulations - no small feat by you or your DS. Hope that you enjoy visiting the schools and I am sure your DS will thrive wherever he ends up. Hope that you also hear soon where he will actually go as there is just the small matter of a house move!
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

PrinceOfPython wrote:If it is languages you want, then pick carefully. In Pates, HSFG and STRS there is 'only' French, German and Spanish.

The comprehensives seem to have more - Balcarras has Russian and Bournside Mandarin, I believe.
I can confirm that Pate's will be offering Mandarin to the new year 7 cohort in September. We received an email about this yesterday.
jearund

Post by jearund »

That's brilliant news silentdraperunners and I think for the sheer determination and hard work your son had put in over the last few weeks it is thoroughly well deserved. Great news that whatever happens he has a place at Crypt. With a score like that he must be very high on the waiting list for the other two. Did you say you are appealing to them?
Silentdraperunners

Thank you, Jearund - we are really proud of him. He is number 1 on the waiting list of STR and Pate's and we are appealing. Hoping that a place comes up and we are visiting both so that we have a sense of where he'd prefer to be. CKMum's news about Mandarin in Pate's is great, though.
jearund

Post by jearund »

You'd hope that since if he'd taken the test with everyone else he'd have easily got a place at Pates you'd have very strong grounds for appeal. Good luck and keep us all posted!
Silentdraperunners

Well the good news is that places came up at both STR and Pate's so we were able to choose. He absolutely loved Pate's on the visit and we have accepted the place there. We have turned down the places at STR and Crypt, so hopefully that will mean good news for two other sets of families. It is very nice not having to go to appeal and having everything sorted for next year. Now just the house move to go!