Where to Live in Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

conroyiwhiwhu

Re: Where to Live in Gloucester

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

It's either STR(offered from a late share of result) or HGS (waiting). We are not on WL for any other grammar.

I guess there are people who have benefited from our late share and not naming HGS on CAF initially,

My focus really is finding out moving to Gloucester which is what my original post was all about.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Have you visited STR? Maybe worth having a look round the area close by so your son could walk to school?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

This place really does amaze me sometimes...
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Trying to be constructive - I hope you can see that to us this may be like someone from the moon asking you 'where should I live in Bristol'? It is hard to answer a question when there is nothing to go on, particularly when your impression is based on something from netmums. What do you like in Bristol? What do you think one school can offer you that would make leaving that worthwhile? What are your non-negotiables? What does your family enjoy? What's the latest from netmums about Gloucester? Gloucestershire isn't famed for its buzzing cities and where you would choose to live in Gloucester, Cheltenham or elsewhere may be informed by where you live within Bristol and why. If you choose to move. We moved north from Bristol before we had children and liked the change. In the end, we picked roughly where we live from a map, a list of wants, and lots of time spent in the local area. You aren't really giving anyone that much information to work with. I see you initially shared with Pate's. Where were you planning to live if your child qualified for Pate's? STR isn't so far away from there.
Amber

Post by Amber »

OP’s son apparently preferred co ed schools which is why he shared with Pates. I understood he was sharing with Crypt for the same reason but now both preferred schools are single sex I believe. I wasn’t aware that it was possible to change one’s preferences so many times on the CAF and across so many admissions areas. Interesting.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Yes, if you like your choices to be high stakes, impulsive and adrenaline-filled there is apparently plenty of scope within the current allocations system.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Choices, or grammar school or bust.....?
Amber

Post by Amber »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Choices, or grammar school or bust.....?
Not any grammar school though...I think the OP's objection to the one in Birmingham is its situation:
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:I wonder why HGS Boys has so much WL movement. Could it be because it's situated in a "ghetto"? Still trying to clear my doubt.
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

Just as well Pates wasn't an option then!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

:lol:
Eromdap wrote:Just as well Pates wasn't an option then!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now