Tommies uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Watermelon8

Re: Tommies uniform

Post by Watermelon8 »

we saw the pool in use on the open day! :D
Little or no football. A friend’s ds there, not into rugby & a really good footballer. He’s been disappointed in the rugby focused sport but then Gloucester in general is more rugby focused so no huge surprise really! The comps probably do more football if that’s important to you!
Amber

Post by Amber »

conroyiwhiwhu wrote: What? No footy at Tommies. Not good for DS.
It says on the Crypt website that they do football there, conroy. And at one point I think you were intending to send your son there as he prefers a co ed environment. Why did you change your mind? It seems it might have been a better fit all round.
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:
Amber wrote:No one wears the regulation swimming trunks after the first swimming lesson. Plain black long tight ones are what my two always wore.

I don't think your son will be allowed to wear boots.

Not sure about Facebook groups - not my scene and I don't know of any. Perhaps you should start one rather than assuming it 'will be set up' - I don't think the school is likely to do anything in that regard.

They don't play football so doubt they will need football boots. And I haven't ever bought any white trainers but if your son is in the cricket team he will probably want spikes. Given that they won't play cricket till the spring you have time to find out about that one.
What? No footy at Tommies. Not good for DS.
So you'll move your entire family across the country, at the drop of a hat, to one of about three counties where your son mightget a place off the waiting list (no pressure on him, then, when you all move, if he hates it!), but football is the deal breaker?! You should have mentioned that on your other thread about where to move to - people could target your new house a bit better for you! :lol: :lol:
Educate yourself, you have no idea what you talking about.
Amber

Post by Amber »

conroyiwhiwhu wrote:Educate yourself, you have no idea what you talking about.
How incredibly rude.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Yes, incredibly. And hysterical when you have a glaring grammatical error where you are telling me to educate myself!! Don’t worry conroy, I have absolutely no intention of giving you the benefit of any of my advice - not that you would want it, as I don’t know what I am talking about....!

For the record: Masters Degree; over 10 years practising as a Careers Adviser, including running the Connexions Service in my area; 10 years independent Education Consultant; currently working in a state secondary school.....I also have children in a super selective grammar school and have helped many others get there, either directly or through appeal.....there is more.....but, then again, I don’t know what I am talking about! :shock:
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Yes, incredibly. And hysterical when you have a glaring grammatical error where you are telling me to educate myself!! Don’t worry conroy, I have absolutely no intention of giving you the benefit of any of my advice - not that you would want it, as I don’t know what I am talking about....!

For the record: Masters Degree; over 10 years practising as a Careers Adviser, including running the Connexions Service in my area; 10 years independent Education Consultant; currently working in a state secondary school.....I also have children in a super selective grammar school and have helped many others get there, either directly or through appeal.....there is more.....but, then again, I don’t know what I am talking about! :shock:
I’m assuming conroy’s ‘not knowing what you’re talking about’ was aimed at comments about his/her personal situation as opposed to commenters experience/qualifications etc but even so this is a bizarre situation when uniform fittings & induction days etc are starting to happen. The schools you mention, conroy, are very different. I only know of Tommies & crypt, they are both great schs but suit different children & now 1 is also co-ed! Crypt do football, strs don’t - if that’s important?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Amber wrote:
It says on the Crypt website that they do football there, conroy. And at one point I think you were intending to send your son there as he prefers a co ed environment. Why did you change your mind? It seems it might have been a better fit all round.
As I said...no answer to this so far, and I don't think Crypt is in any kind of 'ghetto' either.

Whatever Conroy meant, 'educate yourself...you have no idea what you (sic) talking about' is very rude and deserves an apology in my opinion. People on this forum have been patiently trying to help you but if you would pardon the pun, you seem to be moving the goalposts quite a lot.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:

At a guess he didn't qualify... but that's a whole different story :lol:
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

So I’ve asked another current Tommies parent who confirms what the website says and there is no football until year 10 and above.

On another note, where does one purchase rugby boots? (Daft non-sporty female asking!)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Eromdap wrote:So I’ve asked another current Tommies parent who confirms what the website says and there is no football until year 10 and above.

On another note, where does one purchase rugby boots? (Daft non-sporty female asking!)
Sports Direct / Decathlon type places?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now