Crypt or Ribston....Help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jean18

Re: Crypt or Ribston....Help!

Post by Jean18 »

It's always difficult to make the right choice... but as the last author offered "what does your daughter think?" Whilst other parent's views can be helpful I really would look at the value added score of all the schools as Crypt's is really good, as well as results. Ultimately it is where your daughter will feel more comfortable that matters most.
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Thank you all for your advice. We had a look at both schools, but me and my dd are still just as confused as before! I liked the feel of Ribston but found the teachers very friendly at Crypt. Crypt do seem to produce better results but I liked the 'creative' side to Ribston. My daughter is leaning more towards Crypt but can't get out of her a valid reason why! So I suppose it does just come down to the boy or girl environment thing and where she would feel most comfortable. I've lodged an appeal as cut off is today and will see how dd feels within the next couple of weeks. Roll on September I say!
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Rachm82 wrote:Thank you all for your advice. We had a look at both schools, but me and my dd are still just as confused as before! I liked the feel of Ribston but found the teachers very friendly at Crypt. Crypt do seem to produce better results but I liked the 'creative' side to Ribston. My daughter is leaning more towards Crypt but can't get out of her a valid reason why! So I suppose it does just come down to the boy or girl environment thing and where she would feel most comfortable. I've lodged an appeal as cut off is today and will see how dd feels within the next couple of weeks. Roll on September I say!
Good luck :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now