Crypt change to qualify 800 not 600

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: Crypt change to qualify 800 not 600

Post by stroudydad »

that's their choice... but for me, if I wanted Crypt better safe than sorry
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

stroudydad wrote:But there were double the number of eligible applicants, and 25% more spaces... so in real terms is probably proportionally deceased
Now that's drastic!
libreria

Post by libreria »

Rachm82 wrote:So just to let you all know what I was told by the head yesterday. Apart from telling me they had 115 appeals, he also said every single one of the 115 will have a hearing....which doesn't make sense if some of them come under the new extended qualifying rankings?? He also thinks if we decide to appeal we will have a strong chance of being successful as my daughter has been offered a place at another GS....but I'm thinking being up against well over 100 appeals, there is gonna be a lot of competition!!
This is not relevant to me as my daughter has a place at SHS which is what we wanted but I too have received the Crypt emails and it's bugging me because this quote does not fit with my understanding of the email - see my copy and paste below:

If you wish ***** to be considered for a place at The Crypt School, you should now contact the Local Authority Admissions Team school.admissions@gloucestershire.gov.uk . They will then compile a new waiting list in accordance with your child’s ranking. This application needs to be with the admissions team by midday on 27th April 2018. The admissions team will allocate places up to our published admission number and once the school is full parents can still go through the appeals process.

My emphasis in bold. NB Her Crypt ranking was 721.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

This makes more sense. Suspect the Head has got so used to answering similar questions he actually answered the wrong one, especially as he was responding to Rachm82 whose DC is outside the 800 cut off. Perhaps he was referring particularly to her child's context, i.e. your child's appeal will be heard? As others have posted, it must be a distracting time for some staff and governors at Crypt, when they must be juggling a lot of other things. In future years I suspect it will all calm down but I can't help remembering a governor's comments on the Crypt FGB minutes that have been circulated on this forum along the lines of 'hopefully the increase in PAN means we will have fewer appeals to deal with'.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

That makes sense & is what my friends within the 600-800 understood to be the case. As you say onthefence, if you are outside the 800 then your only option is to appeal & those appeals will be heard after the today’s allocation....which presumably is what Nick Dyer was referring to with the ‘appeal’ comment.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Who knows... Phil Redmond couldn't have scripted a better soap opera..
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

stroudydad wrote:Who knows... Phil Redmond couldn't have scripted a better soap opera..
Now there’s an idea :wink:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Watermelon8 wrote:
stroudydad wrote:Who knows... Phil Redmond couldn't have scripted a better soap opera..
Now there’s an idea :wink:
I think he may have had a go over in Edmonton last autumn :shock:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=51429

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=51595

And a few others...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RedMaple

Post by RedMaple »

I think he may have had a go over in Edmonton last autumn
Thank you for sharing ToadMum; provides some light relief for the Glos/Crypt situation.
TBH, I'd thought the Warwickshire and Birmingham forums were currently hard enough (I tune into Warks as a former GS pupils from the days when every kid took the 12+ but this one takes the proverbial biscuit. :)