Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1902
Children ranked upto 800 can now go straight on waiting list :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 am
Posts: 34
What? How? When? But they don't have a waiting list because they are unfilled by 65 places now

Stroudydad, please can you elaborate?
Assuming you had an email......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1902
Yes email recieved

Quote:
Following the receipt of the entrance examination test results in October, the School made a decision to qualify those children who had shared their results with The Crypt School, and who were in the top 600 of the 1849 ‘shares’ the School received. That decision has subsequently proved to have been misjudged and the School should have qualified the top 800 children who shared their results with us. As entry into Year 7 in September 2018 is the first year that the School will be admitting both boys and girls, combined with the huge number of ‘shares’ we received from parents, the School found it very difficult to gauge accurately, with no historic data to use, what number of children to qualify for a place at The Crypt School in Year 7.

After due consideration, and in light of the number of appeals that the School has already received from parents of children ranked within the top 800 for The Crypt School, we have agreed to now move to qualify the top 800 children who shared their results with the Crypt School .
Xxxxxxxxx received a ranking of *** and is therefore now eligible to be considered for place at The Crypt School, alongside the over-subscription criteria of the school.

If you wish Xxxxxxxxxxx to be considered for a place at The Crypt School, you should now contact the Local Authority Admissions Team school.admissions@gloucestershire.gov.uk . They will then compile a new waiting list in accordance with your child’s ranking. This application needs to be with the admissions team by midday on 27th April 2018. The admissions team will allocate places up to our published admission number and once the school is full parents can still go through the appeals process.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1902
RedMaple are you still on WL for Marling? This could be good news for you:-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 am
Posts: 34
Quote:
RedMaple are you still on WL for Marling? This could be good news for you:-)


Yes, we are currently 10th! Yes, this could (hopefully) be very good news for us - and a relief for people holding Marling and other places who wanted Crypt all along.

Thank you very much for sharing Stroudydad - much appreciated!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 282
Sounds sensible & hopefully those children who should’ve got places first time round can be part of the upcoming welcome evening etc. They made a mistake & have held their hands up, not much else to say really I guess altho it’s been upsetting for many who should’ve got in straight away!


Please join the Crypt September 2018 Facebook page if you will now have a place!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1902
Watermelon8 wrote:
Sounds sensible & hopefully those children who should’ve got places first time round can be part of the upcoming welcome evening etc. They made a mistake & have held their hands up, not much else to say really I guess altho it’s been upsetting for many who should’ve got in straight away!


Please join the Crypt September 2018 Facebook page if you will now have a place!



The other schools involved must be pulling their hair out, how do you make firm plans knowing that there are likely to be significant movements


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 282
stroudydad wrote:
Watermelon8 wrote:
Sounds sensible & hopefully those children who should’ve got places first time round can be part of the upcoming welcome evening etc. They made a mistake & have held their hands up, not much else to say really I guess altho it’s been upsetting for many who should’ve got in straight away!


Please join the Crypt September 2018 Facebook page if you will now have a place!



The other schools involved must be pulling their hair out, how do you make firm plans knowing that there are likely to be significant movements


Agreed. It’s a nightmare :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Posts: 1118
Looks like a sensible way forward


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1902
Certainly sensible to try to fill before appeals:-) but I wonder will 200 be too many?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018