Appeal advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cambridge61

Appeal advice

Post by cambridge61 »

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice - situation is this....

Daughter sat the 11+ and passed for her school of choice but has not been offered a place due to her rank.

However - during the 2nd of the 2 1 hour tests, the child at the desk directly behind her had a bit of meltdown, the invigilator was unable to resolve the situation and called for assistance, which happened to be the head teacher, so for the last 20 minutes of the second hour my daughter had the upset child, and 2 adults trying to calm her - somewhat off putting for her.

We spoke to the admission officer after the event on the phone who described it as one of the most extreme situations she had ever encountered during an 11+ exam, and agreed we must appeal, and said that the events would have been recorded.

So our argument is this.......my daughter did not get to sit the test in same conditions as all the children who ranked above her, in my mind, making the process unfair.

I would welcome any advice to help prepare for the appeal hearing.
stroudydad

Re: Appeal advice

Post by stroudydad »

Hi,
Although you will undoubtedly get great advice here, it would be better in the appeals section:-)
Amber

Post by Amber »

I already replied on the appeals section. Better to keep it in one place I suggest.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'll lock this thread and then all the comments can be in one place on the appeals forum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now