Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm
Posts: 155
motheroftwo wrote:
Jaethel wrote:
Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...


We too heard from the Appeal panel of Stroud High School and our appeal is uphold. Awaiting the letter from the school. DD is excited to join SHS and start from Sept!



Hurray, that's good news so pleased for you. We too are heading to SHS. For info - the new parents induction evening is on 2 July & the induction day for the girls is the 6 July. These are the only two things we've had in the offer letter (no visit to DD's school yet) - I presume SHS are waiting until they've heard appeals to communicate more - I'm expecting something after half term now - so your DD's haven't missed anything!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am
Posts: 55
Octsmum wrote:
motheroftwo wrote:
Jaethel wrote:
Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...


We too heard from the Appeal panel of Stroud High School and our appeal is uphold. Awaiting the letter from the school. DD is excited to join SHS and start from Sept!



Hurray, that's good news so pleased for you. We too are heading to SHS. For info - the new parents induction evening is on 2 July & the induction day for the girls is the 6 July. These are the only two things we've had in the offer letter (no visit to DD's school yet) - I presume SHS are waiting until they've heard appeals to communicate more - I'm expecting something after half term now - so your DD's haven't missed anything!


Oh great thanks Octsmum, that’s good to know. I’ll put those dates in the diary. See you and motheroftwo on 2nd July :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am
Posts: 13
@Jearund - one place will be freed up in Ribston as we are waiting for the letter from SHS to accept the place there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am
Posts: 13
Thanks Octsmum, for the update. I'm relieved that we haven't missed the important dates !! See you and Jaethal on July 2nd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 pm
Posts: 3
Our appeal was upheld too!!! DD on residential so she will find out today, on her bday :-) that she is going to SHS in Sept! Well done everyone, thank you to this forum for help and advice, good luck to all still on WLs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am
Posts: 55
Methemom wrote:
Our appeal was upheld too!!! DD on residential so she will find out today, on her bday :-) that she is going to SHS in Sept! Well done everyone, thank you to this forum for help and advice, good luck to all still on WLs.


Oh hooray methemom! Congrats to your dd! Sounds like the WL will be shifting a bit now - fingers crossed for everyone.

We got our SHS letter today. Starting to feel a bit more real.:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 39
Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
Another date for your diaries, and the diaries of all new SHS parents, is the afternoon of Saturday 14th July - A garden party at SHS! The girls will be showcasing their talents and there will be a variety of stalls to visit (some run by the girls themselves), raffles, entertainment etc etc etc. There will be a year 7 stand, run by year 7 girls, for you and your DD's to visit. We want this to become a yearly event so please join us with your girls. There is no entry fee, just turn up and enjoy :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am
Posts: 55
Nammum wrote:
Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
Another date for your diaries, and the diaries of all new SHS parents, is the afternoon of Saturday 14th July - A garden party at SHS! The girls will be showcasing their talents and there will be a variety of stalls to visit (some run by the girls themselves), raffles, entertainment etc etc etc. There will be a year 7 stand, run by year 7 girls, for you and your DD's to visit. We want this to become a yearly event so please join us with your girls. There is no entry fee, just turn up and enjoy :D


That’s in the diary now, sounds lovely, big thanks Nammum. (Also, just to say your previous posts on the forum about your own experience really helped keep my spirits up, so thank you for that too!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 39
Jaethel wrote:
Nammum wrote:
Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
Another date for your diaries, and the diaries of all new SHS parents, is the afternoon of Saturday 14th July - A garden party at SHS! The girls will be showcasing their talents and there will be a variety of stalls to visit (some run by the girls themselves), raffles, entertainment etc etc etc. There will be a year 7 stand, run by year 7 girls, for you and your DD's to visit. We want this to become a yearly event so please join us with your girls. There is no entry fee, just turn up and enjoy :D


That’s in the diary now, sounds lovely, big thanks Nammum. (Also, just to say your previous posts on the forum about your own experience really helped keep my spirits up, so thank you for that too!)


You're very welcome Jaethel. I'm a very small cog in the 11+ forum and tip my hat to all those big contributors. Their knowledge and experience is invaluable. Look forward to seeing lots of new SHS parents in July (praying for sunshine!!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm
Posts: 155
Thank you Nammum - that's also in our diary too now. Are you helping to organise?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018