Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

motheroftwo

Re: Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Post by motheroftwo »

Jaethel wrote:Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
We too heard from the Appeal panel of Stroud High School and our appeal is uphold. Awaiting the letter from the school. DD is excited to join SHS and start from Sept!
motheroftwo

Post by motheroftwo »

Apologies if this is a wrong thread to post this here; I take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum. Your valuable advice, inputs and guidance helped me a lot to prepare for the appeal and to present the case in an effective manner. Thanks a lot!

I post the details of the appeal in the appeals thread soon, so that it might be helpful / to get some idea for some one else who want to send their DC to the school of their choice.

Thanks again!
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Great news mother of two, hooray - see you in Sept! We will do the same and release our WL place. Completely agree re the great support and guidance from this forum - hugely, hugely appreciated.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

DC17C wrote:
Jaethel wrote:Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
Whew....Great news for you and your dd...what a relief...my dd has really been happy in the sixth form there..it’s been a great move for her...hoping your dd enjoys her time there :) I guess this frees up a waiting list space somewhere else...so perhaps someone gets some good news too
Thank you DC17C! Yes indeed - fingers crossed that others get in off the WL now.
RedMaple

Post by RedMaple »

Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
Really delighted for you and your DD Jaethel - massive congrats! As soon as I saw that you were the last poster on the Glos forum, I hoped it would be this good news. DD is in Year 9 at SHS and has absolutely thrived there.

Well done also to motheroftwo and others who have heard today!
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

RedMaple wrote:
Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
Really delighted for you and your DD Jaethel - massive congrats! As soon as I saw that you were the last poster on the Glos forum, I hoped it would be this good news. DD is in Year 9 at SHS and has absolutely thrived there.

Well done also to motheroftwo and others who have heard today!
Thank you RedMaple :) high-five - we’ll see you across the road in Sept!
jearund

Post by jearund »

Really pleased for you both motheroftwo and jaethal. It's also really encouraging to hear of successful appeals! Can I ask which waiting lists you were on? A friend of mine is on the waiting list for Ribston and so every successful appeal for people who have places there increases her chances of her daughter getting in!
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Jearund- We have a space at Ribston but have appealed for Crypt. Will let you know the outcome!
jearund

Post by jearund »

Rachm82 wrote:Jearund- We have a space at Ribston but have appealed for Crypt. Will let you know the outcome!
Rachm82 - thank you and good luck!
jearund

Post by jearund »

Rachm82 - and if your appeal to Crypt is unsuccessful and your daughter does go to Ribston, she'll be with my daughter, who already has a place there, so we'll probably meet in real life!