Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Silentdraperunners

Re: Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Post by Silentdraperunners »

Amber wrote:Would you be interested in him going to STR or do you only want Crypt?
Sorry, Amber, I missed this post. We would definitely be interested in STR and prefer it to Crypt. As we are still in Edinburgh and GCC cannot allocate us a school until we are in county (probably July/August), I'm getting twitchy about not having a school place at all since we've relinquished his place here for someone on the waiting list. I would like to have a place offered at Crypt - since then I know he gets to go to a good school - but we will still appeal for STR (and Pate's if he qualifies within a ranking that is worth a shot) as they have more language options. I appreciate that is fairly selfish behaviour for people still hoping for a spot at Crypt as their first choicce - sorry, everyone.
Silentdraperunners

cazien wrote:
I would say more than likely :D .

The lady who deals with admissions at Crypt is not currently at school, so please (as hard as it is :!:) be a little patient as the other ladies in the office will be covering her job, so you could hear from them at any time - hopefully soon :!: . Good luck.
Thank you! That will come as a relief to have a place. And thank you for the information about the admissions team - I imagine they are busy enough as it is.
piombino

Post by piombino »

With the Grammar schools in glos being super selective, they do offer places to out of county applicants, so why would gcc require you to move to the county? I may have misunderstood...
Silentdraperunners

piombino wrote:With the Grammar schools in glos being super selective, they do offer places to out of county applicants, so why would gcc require you to move to the county? I may have misunderstood...
You are right but we had to submit our CAF without having done the 11+ so GCC couldn't offer us a grammar school place without a score and were not willing to offer a comprehensive school place until we are in county.
This is why it will be an additional relief to have a place at Crypt, even if we appeal for another grammar school, because we will have the security of a good school place rather than having to bite our nails down until weeks before school starts in September.
piombino

Post by piombino »

Did you put any grammars on the caf despite not having 11+ results? If so, is he able to join waiting lists? The lists are given over to the schools at some point before September.

Your son has done very well with his score. I hope your move goes as well as his test did!
Silentdraperunners

piombino wrote:Did you put any grammars on the caf despite not having 11+ results? If so, is he able to join waiting lists? The lists are given over to the schools at some point before September.

Your son has done very well with his score. I hope your move goes as well as his test did!
Yes, we put 3 grammars on our CAF, feeling a bit sheepish as we weren't sure how well he would do. I hope that he can join waiting lists but I'm not really sure how that happens. I have contacted STR to see whether he can join the list there but perhaps I should be speaking to the council about this instead? Will the council know his test result? Ah, this is not easy! I really don't know how people would manage without a forum like this one.
Thank you for your encouragement!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

If you ticked the schools on the CAF form then pretty sure he should now be added to the waiting lists and bumped up them accordingly if his score is higher than those already on it. Not sure how it works there but at some point the waiting lists are handed over to the schools from the LEAs. Most probably after second round allocations. Ring the schools and check if and where he is on those waiting lists.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I imagine his score would be a clear pass for Pates too. Only you know which of these schools you prefer. Forum members all have views and I am no exception. I suggest you contact the schools directly to ask where you stand. My older son sat a late (in year) test for STR only and the school was very helpful in helping us to get a place. Do PM me if you want more information on STR. Equally there are many parents on here with experience of both Pates and Crypt who I am sure would happily help you if you need more details on those schools.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Jaethel wrote:Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
Whew....Great news for you and your dd...what a relief...my dd has really been happy in the sixth form there..it’s been a great move for her...hoping your dd enjoys her time there :) I guess this frees up a waiting list space somewhere else...so perhaps someone else gets some good news too
Last edited by DC17C on Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.