Commuting to STR and SHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dr.watson

Re: Commuting to STR and SHS

Post by dr.watson »

It'll be good to know the experience of the parents doing carpooling right now....
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

motheroftwo wrote:
stroudydad wrote:What wrong with biking it to Tommies??
@stroudydad, a good option to consider, thniking may be difficult during winter and wet days.
So they get a bit cold... we all used to do it and bikes/clothing is far better than it used to be.

I can't impress enough how much easier it is to have children that can travel independently to school, without being held hostage to timetables.. schools simply don't function to a timetable - crazy I know but unless your DC does nothing and has no friends their then it won't simply be an 8:30-3:30 thing.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Yes I love how independent and resourceful mine have been able to be with having a good public bus system...though I have had to tolerate the odd lost pe bag etc
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Is your DS using Bus 10?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

dr.watson wrote:Is your DS using Bus 10?
I have discovered that the bus route is number 10 to Denmark Rd and pick up the 94 towards Longlevens...then get out by the Greyhound pub...then shorter walk to STRS

Both buses run every 10 mins at peak times so fairly reliable most of the time...
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I have discovered that the bus route is number 10 to Denmark Rd and pick up the 94 towards Longlevens...then get out by the Greyhound pub...then shorter walk to STRS

Both buses run every 10 mins at peak times so fairly reliable most of the time...
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Thanks a lot...
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

DC17C wrote:

Is Nt the stop by the coop closer??
cazien

Post by cazien »

stroudydad wrote:
DC17C wrote:

Is Nt the stop by the coop closer??
I would have thought so. The quickest walk from Cheltenham Road to STR is the alleyway by the traffic-light junction with Old Cheltenham Road. But not all children want to get to school too early!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

cazien wrote:
I would have thought so. The quickest walk from Cheltenham Road to STR is the alleyway by the traffic-light junction with Old Cheltenham Road. But not all children want to get to school too early!
Being the sort of person I am I looked at the map... and actually the greyhound one now is the closest to the alley. Obviously on way home the coop one is.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now