September 2018 registration now open.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jearund

Re: September 2018 registration now open.

Post by jearund »

Kaybee wrote:
jearund wrote:
Octsmum wrote:Hi

It was efficiently organised - DD was very quickly taken up to her classroom - where there were a small group of them that sat the test to make it less daunting. I'm not sure whether the other schools do this.
Ribston also put them in small groups in classrooms and try to keep people from the same primary school together. And I remember Crypt saying they did the same, whereas Pates apparently have everyone in one big hall together. Ribston said the classroom approach was to make it a bit less intimidating. It worked for our DD anyway!
They use classrooms at Pates too - not a big hall. They also sit them with their classmates.
Another myth busted. Thank you!
stroudydad

Re: September 2018 registration now open.

Post by stroudydad »

YankBritmum wrote:Thanks everyone for all the input. That is great to know that people often sit the test at one school and then end up going somewhere completely different.

I think I am going to try for Ribston as it seems to have quite a lot of grounds and space. Anything that might give less stress on the day, is worth it. Also, great to have it clarified that they put them in smaller groups.

Now, just to hope that my US address is 'close enough' to get us a spot there, haa!
It's the same set of questions, the same amount of time, on the same morning (though not exactly at the same times for logistical reasons)...
you're still sat at a table/desk with two pencils and a rubber.. any one will do...