Class Sizes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cambridge61

Class Sizes

Post by cambridge61 »

Can anyone point me as to where I can find current and past class sizes for Gloucestershire schools........

thanks in advance
Amber

Re: Class Sizes

Post by Amber »

Why?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:Why?
This was my first though, but I am assuming OP want to try to show in their appeal that class sizes over PAN are the Norm for the particular school?! It may help if OP stated which school he is appealing to.
A
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think it is Ribston.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

This might be of some help. If you go to the breakdown by Year Group you can find the school you are interested in and then you can see the number of children on roll in each of it's year groups.

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/educ ... e-schools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

This might help too.

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/educ ... e-schools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cambridge61

Post by cambridge61 »

thanks for that - yes ribston was the school in question - it seems they are very strict with numbers, making appealing against over subscription tricky
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Could the low numbers over PAN be accounted for by the fact that Ribston is usually the seen as the least desirable of the girls schools, so although some appeals to enter may be won, it is likely that some holding places at allocation day may win appeals elsewhere and move, thus keeping the status quo?? Just a theory...

Either way it shows there is no real precedent of admitting way over PAN..
cambridge61

Post by cambridge61 »

if someone who had a place a place at Ribston, won an place elsewhere, wouldn't that place be offered to the next on the waiting list.....as opposed to an someone who appeals.....?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

cambridge61 wrote:if someone who had a place a place at Ribston, won an place elsewhere, wouldn't that place be offered to the next on the waiting list.....as opposed to an someone who appeals.....?
Assuming there is a waiting list...
Traditionally it was undersubscribed
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now