HSFG to take boys?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jearund

HSFG to take boys?

Post by jearund »

A friend of mine with daughters at HSFG told me yesterday that there are plans/ suggestions for HSFG to become a mixed school and change its name to something like Denmark Road High School. Has anyone else heard anything about this and have any more information, such as possible timescales?
Watermelon8

Re: HSFG to take boys?

Post by Watermelon8 »

I attended a meeting with the new head when she took over & someone asked that question. She said the school had no plans to become co-ed. I’ve heard nothing from my dd or any friend’s dds.
jearund

Post by jearund »

How strange, maybe my friend got the wrong end of the stick? I guess time will tell. I liked the idea as it would even things up again a bit for boys after Crypt went co-ed. Thanks watermelon.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I have also not heard anything from DD about this or our friends who have daughters at the school.

In the new Vision Statement Ms Giblin does call the school Denmark Road High School and I wonder if this is part of a change to make the sixth form more appealing to boys as they do want to expand the sixth form and this is mentioned in the statement.