Not long to go.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Skip

Re: Not long to go.

Post by Skip »

Anyone had info from Ribston yet? We haven’t but it says should be through by 7th.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

We are SHS and we haven't had ours yet, they said this week, and I am guessing they are sent out once school is underway, so I would expect it tomorrow or Thursday.

From what I remember we were asked to be there at 8:30. But I think SHS and Marling stagger slightly to avoid too much of a traffic jam on the main road.

You need to take a form with you (that they send), and get a sticky label for the child to wear. Also, crucially, we needed a passport photo.

Very busy at drop off. As I recall, they said finished at 12, and I arrived at 11:55 and they were already out, so don't be late!

There are 2 papers, 50 minutes each and a 20 minute break. They need to take 2 pencils, rubber and ruler in a clear plastic bag. Also drink and snack.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Thanks for the summary - I should know this from before but forgotten so much! Two 50 mins tests not too bad I suppose. My biggest worry is DD will get confused and put answers in wrong place! If she doesn’t pass because she can’t answer the questions then so be it but not passing due to a balls up would be annoying!
Pink0ddy

Post by Pink0ddy »

Hi all - third time here (although never seem to be able to get into my original account). We have had details from Pates today. Does anyone know whether we need proper passport photos - or we can just take them ourselves?
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

Our letter arrived today. Have to be there between 0830-0900, collect at 1210 which seems like a long time but I guess they have a few hundred children to organise.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

I was worried that the information email hadn’t come yet but I see others who are at Ribston haven’t had theirs through yet either. I guess I will have to get a photo done of DD this weekend?!
atomic123

Post by atomic123 »

hi,

newbie here.

quick question if anyone can help, I know its a bit silly but should son wear his school uniform to sit tests or just in their casual normal wear? don't want him to be the odd one out.

thanks in advance
chris
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

I am waiting on Ribston as well. Worryingly, it seems everyone is getting it in letter format rather than email?

I am overseas. I did connect with Admissions at June OH and explained I would need things earlier, so I get them before we leave.

When someone receives correspondence from Ribston, would you be kind enough to post about receipt, and also the main instructions. I am convinced I'm not going to get ours, and if I am supposed to bring something from the packet with me, well that is going to be fun!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Yank - these instruction have to be by letter as they include a sticky label for kids to wear, and something else you have to take with you. I suggest you phone admissions and ask for the letter to either be held at school, and then collect it on the Friday, or posted to UK address.

There should be no problem as long as they know in advance. But the school offices will have all been closed until Monday this week, so no chance of sending out early.

Passport photos - I think we printed out our own, just made sure it conformed. As I understand it, they check the photo against the child, and then the photo against the application, to check the child applied is the one who sat the test.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

atomic - not uniform, whatever he is comfortable in
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now