Not long to go.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pink0ddy

Re: Not long to go.

Post by Pink0ddy »

Thank you Steppemum I thought that was the case - especially when I checked the form and it says that black and white is ok.

Atomic definitely casual clothes and will certainly not be the only ones as my son and least one other is home educated so no uniform.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

Oh I see, so the information letter comes through by post, hard copy? Rather than email??

Not long to go now, 10 day countdown starts today!!!

:shock:
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

I got Ribston's information letter through the post just now, site opens at 8:00am! Now I can be extra neurotic and start counting down the HOURS! Hahaha (manic laughing)

:lol:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

SHS letter has arrived this morning.

arrive 8:15-8:35
finish at 11:30

tests are x2 each one is one hour. (they say administered over one hour, which I think is because of the stop start with different sections) plus 20 minute break.
cazien

Post by cazien »

atomic123 wrote:hi,

newbie here.

quick question if anyone can help, I know its a bit silly but should son wear his school uniform to sit tests or just in their casual normal wear? don't want him to be the odd one out.

thanks in advance
chris
No. He should wear casual (but comfortable) as he will be sitting-down for two sessions around 50 minutes each, with a short break in between. Good luck!
Pink0ddy

Post by Pink0ddy »

Birdbridge wrote:I got Ribston's information letter through the post just now, site opens at 8:00am! Now I can be extra neurotic and start counting down the HOURS! Hahaha (manic laughing)

:lol:
Don't haha there's a website with a counter counting down - eek. Although I would just like it over with now. This wait has got to be longer than actually waiting for the results.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

omg there's an actual website for that?! I think I would go crazy if I saw the timer ticking down!

You're right I don't know which wait is worse - the wait for the test or the results!? Don't think I will be able to rest easy until the results come out - though I will be more than happy to not have to look at any of the 11+ books after the 15th!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Marling letter arrived yesterday, a note for those sitting at Marling or SHS, the road gets very busy, even though they stagger them. Try parking elsewhere and walking a few minutes in.
I was fine with DS, and confident he would get a reasonable pass but he’s managed to fluff the last few tests he’s done so it’ll be an anxious wait now. Think he may be feeling the pressure of have 3 older siblings there..
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Thanks. I had this very conversation with Admissions at the June OH, left my email with them, then I also emailed them about 10 days ago as a 'reminder' and have not heard back.

I'll try and contact them again to find out *where* they have sent it. I see some people have received Ribston information today.

steppemum wrote:Yank - these instruction have to be by letter as they include a sticky label for kids to wear, and something else you have to take with you. I suggest you phone admissions and ask for the letter to either be held at school, and then collect it on the Friday, or posted to UK address.

There should be no problem as long as they know in advance. But the school offices will have all been closed until Monday this week, so no chance of sending out early.

Passport photos - I think we printed out our own, just made sure it conformed. As I understand it, they check the photo against the child, and then the photo against the application, to check the child applied is the one who sat the test.
atomic123

Post by atomic123 »

thanks for the feedback everyone , ref:what to wear

good luck everyone. I will be so happy once this test is out of the way.

Chris
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now