Not long to go.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Skip

Not long to go.

Post by Skip »

Some of us have had DC's sit the test before and for others it's the first time. The end is in sight and I can honestly say I can't wait till the test is done and there's no more tutoring or extra work for DD. Last time the last month before the test was quite difficult as DD was a bit 'fatigued'. This time doesn't seem so bad. Not sure if that's experience showing or just the different personalities of DD's. Hope everyone else doing well?!
YankBritmum

Re: Not long to go.

Post by YankBritmum »

Good to know we are not alone in wanting this all to be over! We are 'first timers' to the 11+ world.

I'm just anxious to know the details regarding start time of the test. It will help in planning to adjust my DD's 'body clock' to the right time zone, so she doesn't 'nod off' midway through, haa! I think I need to work on my patience......

Good luck to your DD!
Skip wrote:Some of us have had DC's sit the test before and for others it's the first time. The end is in sight and I can honestly say I can't wait till the test is done and there's no more tutoring or extra work for DD. Last time the last month before the test was quite difficult as DD was a bit 'fatigued'. This time doesn't seem so bad. Not sure if that's experience showing or just the different personalities of DD's. Hope everyone else doing well?!
authormum

Post by authormum »

Yep, can’t wait to be done. Taking it easy now as I think what dd needs now is confidence more than anything else. Came back after a 10 day break from any practice and she was much more comfortable with the whole thing.
We’ll be sitting at SHS and for anyone first timing there, dd1 sat test there in 2015 and they really do try hard to make it a positive relaxed morning.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Oh I can't wait.
Just back from 2 weeks holiday. Doing practice is like pulling teeth with dd. She really likes SHS and really doesn't want to do the test.
I tutor other people's kids for 11+, but my own have been the hardest!
She is dc 3, and the last. Then I just have my first lots of GCSEs next summer <sigh>

SHS is lovely, very welcoming, and relaxed.
BIG TIP - ignore what anyone says after the test. if they come out saying it is easy, or it was hard, makes no difference to the result. Those who thought it was easy may well have got them all wrong! Your only helpful guide is if they say they finished them all, or missed loads out!

(waves at author mum - thanks for your PM, I've just got home from holiday and we haven't worked out what we are doing on 15th yet - apart from taking the exam that is!)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Can’t wait for it to be done.. this is DC4 and final one. I had no worries about him, but test results haven’t been as I had envisaged so working on a few things. I have soooo many things that have a deadline for 15th and now DD also wants to go to an Arkwright Uni event at Nottingham..
Too many children not enough parent taxis...
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Too many children not enough parent taxis...

:lol:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

anyone else wondering why the forum is so quiet this year?

Nothing happening, no-one around.
Is it just that school hasn't started yet?
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

Hi, I have been following this board for almost a year now, first time posting! This is my first time with the 11+ and I also can’t wait for it to be over. It seems like the closer the exam gets the more stubborn my DD gets! I think we are both exhausted!

Antyone know from past experience what time the exam usually is??

Isn’t there some sort of ID form you have to take in with you on the day??
icantthinkofagoodone

Post by icantthinkofagoodone »

Birdbridge wrote:Hi, I have been following this board for almost a year now, first time posting! This is my first time with the 11+ and I also can’t wait for it to be over. It seems like the closer the exam gets the more stubborn my DD gets! I think we are both exhausted!

Antyone know from past experience what time the exam usually is??

Isn’t there some sort of ID form you have to take in with you on the day??
We received our form and information from Denmark Road last week. Exam starts at 9, finishes at 12 with a break in the middle. I would check with the school you requested - I am surprised you haven't received the forms by now?
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I’ve not received details yet, although the email that confirmed the test centre said it would arrive after the 1st and by the 7th (sitting at STR.)
There is a form entitled ‘test day ID’ to download and print from the website and that needs to be completed and taken in on the day along with a passport photo.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now