Cheltenham school taxi

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Cheltenham school taxi

Post by Amber »

glosparent wrote:I think maybe my post wasn't clear. It's not dodgy at all.
That's a relief. Apparently DS sometimes cycles over that way and I was wondering whether to get him a bullet proof vest and some landmine detectors. :)

Hope you sort your transport issues out.
Parismum

Post by Parismum »

Thought our experience might help your decision - we're not on a bus route and have to drive (only 5 mins) to the bus stop. DS1 has just left STRS, DD Year 11 at HSFG and DS2 just started STRS. Having done the 7.15/4.20 chauffeuring for 7 years we've now put our house on the market, mainly at the thought of doing another 7! :shock: . It's not fun. Tried a lift share then the other child left. When they're in primary school it's easy to underestimate how much they will need ferrying around, outside of school as well as the school journey itself. Our situation was just about driving to the bus stop, not all the way to school, and while it's been worth it and I'll do it again if we don't move, my advice would be to prioritise bus services when you're deciding on a house. Anyone selling a house in Cheltenham on a bus route...? :)
glosparent

Post by glosparent »

Thanks. I currently do the driving to school most days although just started to use the public bus in year 10 so I know what you mean. Our jobs have changed due to redundancies so we need to move but as every one knows the difference in Gloucester house prices and Cheltenham are difficult to get your ahead around. My child isn't a going out sort of child and in fact this house choice is as much hers as ours with all the down sides pointed out to a very sensible girl. Tricky and the search for a cat friendly house with a three way travel requirement continues. I really started the thread to ask if anyone used a reliable taxi to weigh up all the options.