Hot takes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YankBritmum

Re: Hot takes

Post by YankBritmum »

My DD's feedback was that she finished 2 sections completely, another couple she had a few questions left so guessed, and as expected, the volume on non VR was 'totally ridiculous'

When I went to pick her up at Ribston, she said she wished she could have stayed longer with the other girls as they were all really lovely and she hopes she gets to go to the same school as them!!! It sounded like quite the 'hang out,' I think her American accent was the starting point of the conversation, haa!

I thought Ribston set up was brilliant, and they obviously built in enough time for these kids to 'chill and chat' a bit.

I'm glad the test is all over and hoping that she did enough. She thought it was better than some of the mock tests she had done.

Good luck to everyone for the 12th!
HappyPapaPig

Post by HappyPapaPig »

My DS said he had missed only 1 question in the 1st session and had several random guess on the 2nd session. He said that the test paper was a lot harder than the mock papers. In addition he mentioned that he could feel the panic of the other students. Anyway, I told him to treat it as another mock and we will be exploring other possibilities for him.
Last edited by HappyPapaPig on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

HappyPapaPig wrote:My DS said he had only 1 question in the 1st session and had several random guess on the 2nd session. He said that the test paper was a lot harder than the mock papers. In addition he mentioned that he could feel the panic of the other students. Anyway, I told him to treat it as another mock and we will be exploring other possibilities for him.
Being able to answer the lot isn’t always a good sign...
Pink0ddy

Post by Pink0ddy »

stroudydad wrote:
HappyPapaPig wrote:My DS said he had only 1 question in the 1st session and had several random guess on the 2nd session. He said that the test paper was a lot harder than the mock papers. In addition he mentioned that he could feel the panic of the other students. Anyway, I told him to treat it as another mock and we will be exploring other possibilities for him.
Unless your child is really bright of course.
I say there's no point worrying either way as there isn't anything that can be done.
HappyPapaPig

Post by HappyPapaPig »

Pink0ddy wrote:
stroudydad wrote:
Unless your child is really bright of course.
I say there's no point worrying either way as there isn't anything that can be done.
Thanks for the reply. Sure. We can do nothing but wait for the result in 4 weeks.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Well I certainly crossed one off of my 11plus bingo cards
Skip

Post by Skip »

Well having now had two kids go through this my conclusion is don't ask them about how they think they did! They don't remember anyway but will inevitably tell you something to make you worry! Nothing we can do now but wait! Good luck all!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Very true skip - what they say can be so wide of the mark
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

“Yeah it was ok.”
That’s about all I’ve got.

Similar to the mock he did and a bit more straight forward than some of the harder papers he reckons but... pfft... done now I suppose -we will see.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now