Open Days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cazien

Open Days

Post by cazien »

A couple of published open days/evenings for the diary if anyone is undecided when results are issued:-

Pates - Tues 2 Oct - 17.30-20.30
Crypt - Weds 17 Oct - 09.30-11.00 and 17.30-20.30
Ribston - Mon 15 Oct - 10.00-12.00 and 18.00-20.00
SHS - Thur 18 Oct - 17.30-19.30
Skip

Re: Open Days

Post by Skip »

Thanks Cazien - really useful (If DD passes) and perfectly timed!
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

Just seen HSFGs open day is 16th of October, and they seem to have changed their name to DRHS (Denmark Road High School).
Bells

Post by Bells »

Would these open days be only for current Year 6 pupils or Year 5 as well? DD is Y5; we are still undecided about 11+ so keen for her to visit the schools sooner than later. Thanks
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

Oh how strange! I like HSFG much better!!!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Bells - they are for any year group. My friend took her year 4 child round! (was not a good idea!)

If you go to an open morning with your child, just tell your primary school. School visit is a legitimate reason for absence.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Birdbridge wrote:Oh how strange! I like HSFG much better!!!
I think it's to attract more boys to Sixth Form as the name High School for Girls puts them off :lol:
authormum

Post by authormum »

Thanks for this! I hope we are in a position to need it. Actually, while I want DD2 to go to the best place for her, we are so happy with SHS with DD1 and less than 10 mins by foot that if she (crosses fingers like mad) has passed I’d be reluctant to take her to see further flung schools...
That’s bad, right?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Flash wrote:
Birdbridge wrote:Oh how strange! I like HSFG much better!!!
I think it's to attract more boys to Sixth Form as the name High School for Girls puts them off :lol:
The sixth forms at our two local grammar schools with 'for Girls' in the title attract quite a lot of interest from boys (I do remember someone on the Forum thinking that it was a) a typo and b) a typo, when I wrote once that DS1 attended one of them, though :lol: ).

The HSFG / DRHS website does look a bit odd at the moment, one has to say:
https://www.hsfg.org/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
cazien

Post by cazien »

Bells wrote:Would these open days be only for current Year 6 pupils or Year 5 as well? DD is Y5; we are still undecided about 11+ so keen for her to visit the schools sooner than later. Thanks
They are open to both yr5 and yr6.

They are intended for yr5's to see what a Grammar is like (to start preparation for the test) and as some yr6's are undecided but need to fill in CAF, they are open for both.

They also have open days later in the year as well (Crypt's next planned open day is on March 27th for yr4/5 and Ribston's is on 25th April).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now