SHS uniform card

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Re: SHS uniform card

Post by stroudydad »

steppemum wrote:sorry, bit of rant, but that uniform shop is a nightmare, and I am sick of dd being given a hard time by two women IN TROUSERS who have been saying for the last 3 years
well, no-one wears trousers
she should get a skirt, because NONE of the girls wears trousers
Oh, no, we don;t STOCK those trousers, you need to order
<sigh> can't order them I'm afraid

etc etc etc .

I have over heard her persuade year 7 girls and their parents that they should not buy their girls trousers, as they are not worn at SHS.

On the other hand I have a son at Marling. Any black school trouser from anywhere, no jeans. So easy.
This is definitely something that should be brought to the attention of the school.. speak to the head - he will be concerned at this
orlando

Post by orlando »

Oooh err I had no idea they were meant to have special trousers - we bought ours at Marks and Spencers this year.....

PS It's rubbish the girls don't wear trouser. It's all mine wears and there are a few others that are the same.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

orlando, as long as they are the right colour grey and the right sort of fabric (so not the stretchy ones) no-one seems to notice.

Good to know that Marks do some, I will be having a look in there. None of the supermarkets do one that will pass.
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Thanks for posting that the M&S ones are ok.

My DD started this year & has mostly worn trousers. We have got a skirt but she much prefers the trousers. We got 2 pairs from the uniform shop (who definitely tried to steer us away from them) but as she's quite skinny we had to go for junior ones with an elasticated waist. I also had to do an alterations job on them. Still not convinced that they're as comfortable as they should be but DD is not so far admitting this....so good to know that the M&S ones have so far gone under the radar....
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

dd (year 9) tells me that as not that many of them wear them, it is hard to notice if they are the same or not, so as long as they are the right colour and fabric, they pass fine.

Added to which, one of the original uniform pairs we bought for her had bootleg bottoms, and after 6 months I took them in and made them straight!