Only one week!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

steppemum

Re: Only one week!!!

Post by steppemum »

YankBritmum
Oh that is a tough situation.
When do you expect to get back to uk? Can you base yourselves anywhere?
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

I will happily take a 'group, everything crossed' vibe - thanks!

I’m not normally a fan of the ‘any grammar will do’ theory but have given your circumstances I have everything crossed for you.:-)[/quote]
stroudydad wrote:
YankBritmum wrote:The final countdown cannot come quick enough here, either.

We would be happy with a qualifying score for just one of the GS. Our options are practically non existent for getting a secondary school place, as we are still overseas. Fingers, toes and everything crossed here, for that elusive GS score!

Good luck to all.
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Right now we are planning on being back around June time, finish out school year here.

I will not hit the panic button until Friday..... The irony is, we have a house which we have owned for 20 years in a catchment of a great secondary that everyone wants to get into (it was average 10+ years ago...). However, because we aren't physically living in the house we aren't allowed to submit for it. On the other hand, my friend knows of a family who purposely rented a house for a year in the village, so they had the right address to apply, got the place, then moved! Ah, got to love a good system. Still, rules are rules. Anyway, hoping for 'fantastic Friday,' or maybe 'fearful Friday' ?!!!
steppemum wrote:YankBritmum
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

YankBritmum wrote:Right now we are planning on being back around June time, finish out school year here.

I will not hit the panic button until Friday..... The irony is, we have a house which we have owned for 20 years in a catchment of a great secondary that everyone wants to get into (it was average 10+ years ago...). However, because we aren't physically living in the house we aren't allowed to submit for it. On the other hand, my friend knows of a family who purposely rented a house for a year in the village, so they had the right address to apply, got the place, then moved! Ah, got to love a good system. Still, rules are rules. Anyway, hoping for 'fantastic Friday,' or maybe 'fearful Friday' ?!!!
steppemum wrote:YankBritmum
Thankfully I have lots more to worry about between now and then,
Wife is waiting for her black belt grading result tomorrow (I’m her instructor so if it goes ...up Its all my fault.
We have a grading for colour belts on Wednesday, have entries to submit for a comp on Saturday and DS1 is also waiting for uni offers so hopefully I shall be kept busy thinking of other things
Amber

Post by Amber »

Goodness me Stroudydad, your DS must have applied to university very early if you are already waiting for offers! Don't hold your breath on that one: even with early entry they don't tend to come in much before November and more likely after Christmas for a lot of places.

Hope the other stuff goes/went well though. :D
cazien

Post by cazien »

Both my DS's have already had Uni offers - we were amazed they came through within days of them applying. Oxbridge, medicine, veterinary etc applicants has to be in by 15 October, my DS's applications went in last week and they have had 3 offers between them so maybe the Uni's (insurance esp) are getting them out earlier this year.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:Goodness me Stroudydad, your DS must have applied to university very early if you are already waiting for offers! Don't hold your breath on that one: even with early entry they don't tend to come in much before November and more likely after Christmas for a lot of places.

Hope the other stuff goes/went well though. :D
Hi application was submitted 13:34 on Friday (5th) hes applied to three at the moment, one is oxbridge so he knows that’ll be November before he knows if he gets an interview, his second choice, who use a gathered field (think Dd?) and finally his low choice - received an offer from them via email yesterday - even before an acknowledgement, was confirmed on track this morning.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well fair play to him then. Offers here came in variously between November and May! Mind you DD did not submit her application until the day before the deadline. Both got all their offers in the end though and are happily installed in their seats of learning!
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Stroud's dad we're new to the uni applications, what on earth is a gathered field?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

RedVelvet wrote:Stroud's dad we're new to the uni applications, what on earth is a gathered field?
It’s just a posh way of saying they gather in all applications first and then consider them as a whole, rather than individually when they arrive