Results email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
steppemum

Re: Results email

Post by steppemum »

How likely are you to succeed with an appeal if you didn't qualify?
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Has anyone else had more than one email from STRS? First stating qualified and a second saying sorry, not qualified? We only got one stating the former but have heard of 3 parents who had both
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Tinnyknickers - :shock: :shock:

well that is going to be interesting
jearund

Post by jearund »

Where are all the Ribston results? I've only seen 2 or 3 people post them so far. Also not so many for HSFG (although more than last year!). Like Lysander, I am utterly baffled by the results this year (which is why I want the Ribston ones as another piece in the jigsaw). I can understand that if people didn't pass all 4 elements of the test they could rank higher (better) for Crypt than for Pates as their overall score might have been high if they did very well on all but one section. Or maybe more people shared with Pates e.g. out of county. But there are people who ranked better for Pates than Crypt, which feels like it goes against the grain! Maybe that's because other high scorers didn't pass all 4 parts. But the person who got a high score for Ribston but a low score for other schools? I can't get my head round it this year!
MonaB

Post by MonaB »

Tinnyknickers wrote:Has anyone else had more than one email from STRS? First stating qualified and a second saying sorry, not qualified? We only got one stating the former but have heard of 3 parents who had both

This happened to me today. i first received an email saying my DD had qualified with a ranking of 419 then 4 minutes later i received another email saying he had not qualified and then minutes later a third email stating the second email was the correct one which stated he had NOT qualified and it was due to a technical error the first email was sent. Very confusing!
Arcticfox

Post by Arcticfox »

Also happened to us with str. Ranked 396… received 3 mails in total. Didn't qualify.
Amber

Post by Amber »

steppemum wrote:How likely are you to succeed with an appeal if you didn't qualify?
Depends on the school. Pates - forget it. Any of the others - worth a go. Last year almost the entire Y7 at Crypt got in on appeal, but that might have been down to other factors. Which school? How far off the score? I think you need to supply good academic evidence but if you can do that, it is definitely worth a go at almost all the schools.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Amber wrote: Which school? How far off the score?
SHS

friend's daughter, we were both amazed she didn't qualify, as she and my dd did some stuff together and they were about equal, my dd is in top 150.

How does she find out what her score was? The email just says didn't qualify. They didn't share with other schools.