2018 Gloucestershire - ranks/scores only please. Entry 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Moosegoose

Re: 2018 Gloucestershire - ranks/scores only please.

Post by Moosegoose »

Fairypig wrote:We were 819 but have only gone to 776 from the new email which is strange compared to yours moose goose?
Could it that be because my son is youngest in year?? Age weighting?
Fairypig

Post by Fairypig »

Oo possibly. I think I have learnt that I am not clever enough to understand any of this, but then I didn't go to grammar!
SteppeFox

Post by SteppeFox »

Moosegoose wrote:
Fairypig wrote:We were 819 but have only gone to 776 from the new email which is strange compared to yours moose goose?
No, Moosegoose, at least one of your Crypt rankings is not correct (or we have another problem cropping up): your difference is 80, but the highest difference between rankings is 55 for those in the 200; around rank 800 it should be 44. Up to this point I have seen a nice pattern in my spreadsheet which is explained by ranking 151-206 having been placed at higher rankings.
Fairypig's rankings fit this pattern exactly.

Moosegoose, could you have a look at your rankings for Crypt again and report if they are as reported or that a mistake slipped in. Thank you.
Moosegoose

Post by Moosegoose »

SteppeFox wrote:
Moosegoose wrote:
No, Moosegoose, at least one of your Crypt rankings is not correct (or we have another problem cropping up): your difference is 80, but the highest difference between rankings is 55 for those in the 200; around rank 800 it should be 44. Up to this point I have seen a nice pattern in my spreadsheet which is explained by ranking 151-206 having been placed at higher rankings.
Fairypig's rankings fit this pattern exactly.

Moosegoose, could you have a look at your rankings for Crypt again and report if they are as reported or that a mistake slipped in. Thank you.
Re checked... I typed from memory ( think reading all the numbers on here has haggled my brain ) and we were 804, now 760.... your spreadsheet workings are correct..
SteppeFox

Post by SteppeFox »

Moosegoose wrote: Re checked... I typed from memory ( think reading all the numbers on here has haggled my brain ) and we were 804, now 760.... your spreadsheet workings are correct..
Thanks, Moosegoose! At least I (and I assume Fairypig) will be able to sleep well tonight. :wink:
Jimbhapy

Post by Jimbhapy »

SteppeFox wrote:
Moosegoose wrote: Re checked... I typed from memory ( think reading all the numbers on here has haggled my brain ) and we were 804, now 760.... your spreadsheet workings are correct..
Thanks, Moosegoose! At least I (and I assume Fairypig) will be able to sleep well tonight. :wink:
Another for the spreadsheet: DS was ranked 439 in first email from Crypt, then in yesterday's email moved to 390...
Fairypig

Post by Fairypig »

Yes thanks Moosegoose and Steppefox! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now