Anyone know at what point admissions criteria are applied?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Re: Anyone know at what point admissions criteria are applie

Post by stroudydad »

mitasol wrote:The published oversubscription criteria should be very clear to understand.

It is clear from this document that the school are prioritising PP
http://www.cryptschool.org/pdf/admissio ... e-2018.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, plenty of people on this forum have interpreted the admissions policy differently. They appear to have interpreted it as tie breaker for equal scores around 150th place.
I’m personally confused by it..
In 2020 they are going to automatically give places to qualifying students.
So how exactly do they prioritise PP now? I’m guessing it must be in some way different?!
However I can’t see how the 150 places tie breaker is prioritising PP in any significant way.

Interesting though that they quote 9% as their current figure. Recent events would suggest that approx 55 out of 1900 applicants were PP, that’s far less than 9%. Given the background and changes it seems to me that there probably won’t be all that many in ‘place gaining positions’ so 9% seems high, let alone hoping to increase this year.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I am saying that their policy is far from clear.
The highest scoring 150 eligible candidates in the Entrance Test in the chronological cohort will automatically be accepted for admission.
Who are the eligible candidates?

Those 150 with the highest test score in ranked order or all qualified candidates with the oversubscription applied and re-ranked accordingly. You are assuming the former with PP as a tie break.

They say
Candidates who attain the required standards in the prescribed criteria will be eligible to be considered for admission to the School.
Is it clear to you if the rankings you have received are by test score or with the oversubscription already applied?

I just think there could be a bit more clarity in their process so there is no way to misinterpret their intention.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I wasn’t disagreeing, perhaps should have said I too am confused by it :D