Results email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Birdbridge

Results email

Post by Birdbridge »

I know there was a sign at Ribston saying the results would be emailed AFTER 3:30 on Friday - was there a similar notice at other schools?

From past experiences does anyone know if all the emails come through around the same time - post 3:30? Or are they staggered throughout the day?

I wish they came through before the end of school, just so I could have reviewed the results and prepared myself to tell DD - but I guess this will not be the case!
stroudydad

Re: Results email

Post by stroudydad »

They don’t all come through in one go, do you may be waiting past 3:30.
I think it’s a fair bet that they are sent out after school finishes so that people have time to digest the results before the inevitable talks at school gates.
HappyPapaPig

Post by HappyPapaPig »

Similar description can be found on Crypt's website:
-----------------------
Friday 12th October, results of the Grammar school test will be emailed to parents after 3:30pm.
-----------------------
However, on Pate's website, the available date of test result is 15th Oct.

It is unlikely for everybody to get the result at the same time unless the sender specifically prepares each Email and set them to be sent at specific time.

Anyway, the result of each student has been determined on 15th last month. Just wait for another two days to open it. Good luck!
-------------
PS: Just checked the websites of the other 4 grammar schools. It seems that 3:30pm Friday 12th October is the earliest time to get the result and the end of Monday 15th October is the latest time.
Last edited by HappyPapaPig on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfer

Post by surfer »

For some reason I've had it in my mind all month that we get the results on Thursday afternoon. So now I've discovered it's Friday, this week is dragging even more!! Weren't results sent out on a Wed pm last year? I didn't have a DC doing last year's exam but I've looked back at last years threads.

I was ok until the start of this week, but just want it over with now.
cazien

Post by cazien »

surfer wrote:For some reason I've had it in my mind all month that we get the results on Thursday afternoon. So now I've discovered it's Friday, this week is dragging even more!! Weren't results sent out on a Wed pm last year? I didn't have a DC doing last year's exam but I've looked back at last years threads.

I feel for you :)

Results are normally issued after 15.30 on the date selected - which can be any day not just a Friday. I think they came out on 11 October last year which was a Wednesday. Schools send them out whenever they want to - some have arrived seconds before 15.30!

Good luck surfer, not much longer to wait :wink:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

surfer wrote:For some reason I've had it in my mind all month that we get the results on Thursday afternoon. So now I've discovered it's Friday, this week is dragging even more!! Weren't results sent out on a Wed pm last year? I didn't have a DC doing last year's exam but I've looked back at last years threads.

Get youself a good book and immerse yourself:-)
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

Last year our earliest was pates at about 3 (that we didn’t find until 7 as it went to junk) hsfg came in at about 3:15 shortly followed by all the others.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

results come out staggered. People will start posting on here and then they come out in a trickle, hours between first and last!

There are some theories that it is always a Friday and not until after 3:30.
The reason being that everyone has the whole weekend to adjust and clam down before their kids have to go to school, and before they get on the phone to schools and admissions!

I seem to remember that some were released at midnight though, not sure who.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

hmm maybe it was March 1st that was midnight??
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

The STR email said after 3.30pm on Friday 12th as well.

When looking through last year’s threads they seemed to come through at random times and not in alphabetical or results order. My partner reckons it’ll be order of registration for the test but who knows.

I’m going for maximum distraction and have a job interview tomorrow and another on Friday because why not add to the stress this week :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now