Anomalous results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lysander

Anomalous results?

Post by Lysander »

I’ve seen a few very odd results which don’t seem to be simply the resaults of the Pates system of setting a minimum mark for each section. There are some Pates and Crypt scores which are wildly mismatched, and some STRS scores which also seem out of kilter with the rest when compared to previous years.

It’s possible that all the schools have given different weightings to different sections. If you have some results that seem odd, could you post them (or PM me) and I’ll see if I can work out what’s going on through aggregation.
Amber

Re: Anomalous results?

Post by Amber »

I think the scores are all at the top of the page Lysander. It would be interesting to see what you make of them. My hunch is that Crypt has again worked some magic - maybe paid someone else to analyse their scores this time round to avoid a repeat of last year's Adventures in Appeal Land. It is either that or STR applicants chose not to share with Crypt in their droves - could that happen? The Ribston/HSFG thing looks on the face of it like a simple reversal of popularity, but I am no statistician and just making wild guesses tbh.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Don't know if these stats on shares this year will help. Does anyone know how many sat the test?

Crypt - 1900
Pates - 1700
Ribston - 990
STR - 941
SHS -817
HSFG - 674

Can't find any reference to shares for Marling.
atomic123

Post by atomic123 »

Marling - 812
Amber

Post by Amber »

Amber wrote:. My hunch is that Crypt has again worked some magic.
I didn't really expect to be this right! :(