Will my DD get in with these scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2019nerves

Will my DD get in with these scores?

Post by 2019nerves »

Right lovely peeps,worried sick...what are our chances

My DD got the following:

Pates 900 odd didn’t qualify
Ribston ranked 435
High school for girls 443
Stroud high 411

My DD is desperate for Stroud High

Please help!
jearund

Re: Will my DD get in with these scores?

Post by jearund »

RedMaple wrote:
Went to Ribston open day today and they said they offered places down to 575 last year, quite a lot more than the 503 reported on here

We are 421 for SHS-any chance that they offered further than the 375 reported on here?
SHS did go further than the 375 on March 1st - I remember that there were people on here who were picking up places from the WL in May.

However, as I have posted in response to you on another thread, they did not go beyond early 400s - based on knowledge of another child's ranking for SHS and the fact that they were not offered a place.
I've quoted a similar question (and reply) on another thread. Based on this, SHS looks borderline (at 411 I'd think probably not). However Ribston went down to at least 503 on Allocation Day last year and a lot lower than that (at least 536) after appeals (from the waiting list). So realistically she may not get SHS but she's in with a good chance for Ribston.
I believe HSFG went down to 368 (from figures on here) so that's also unlikely.
Penguin55

Post by Penguin55 »

You sound in a similar position to us!

DD got 440 for HSFG and would love to go, but I know our chances are not good. We didn’t share with Crypt/Ribston/Stroud as logistically we couldn’t make it work. It’s HSFG or local comp for my DD.

Looking at last years scores, you should be ok for Ribston, Stroud is iffy and HSFG is unlikely. I’m no expert though, so other folk - please correct me if I’m wrong!
Can’tthinkofone

Post by Can’tthinkofone »

Just to say if our child is borderline with their rank then still put that choice first on CAF (assuming you want it). Then on allocation day you will probably get your second choice but you can then ask for reconsideration for your first choice. If they say no again then you can ask to go on the waiting list.

If you feel you have grounds for appeal then you can do this as well - it is separate from the waiting list.

A word of caution on lowest rank - a child got a place with a lower rank than my DD on reconsideration because they had an educational statement but this lower rank was mentioned as the rank submitted to the following year. It was about 50 odd places off the original rank. (Not sure I have explained that well but hopefully you get what I mean). I am also not sure if they also refer to the rank of children who got in on an appeal.

My DD got in on appeal - long process but worth it so thought I would just share the initial process.
2019nerves

Post by 2019nerves »

Thanks guys,all starting to make sense.
Scottishmama

Post by Scottishmama »

Hiya 2019nerves . We’re in similar position to you. Ranked literally just below you for SHS. Apparently Ribston now taking an extra 30 girls. With that and the second year of girls at Crypt AND that more people seem to be sharing each year we’re hoping that the list for SHS may go further down. I don’t think even the best statistician can help on this one! Best of luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now