Message from the Headmaster of The Crypt School.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ruthyb1

Message from the Headmaster of The Crypt School.....

Post by Ruthyb1 »

Hi all, im a parent of a child who has been given incorrect results. I emailed the school this afternoon and explained about this forum and how we feel a statement should be issued. I've been asked by Mrs Wales at the school to put this message onto the forum although it still doesn't give any explanation as to how this awful mistake has happened!....

Dear Parents/Carers,
A message from The Crypt School
As you all know, The Crypt School experienced a technical error with the entrance test data which was sent to parents/carers on Friday afternoon. We identified this error on Monday and have since moved to reissue all parents/carers with the correct data in relation to their child’s Crypt School ranking. Parents/carers all now have the correct information for their child: either that the child is in The Crypt School’s qualifying cohort, or is not. On behalf of the School, I would like to make an unreserved apology for this error and the upset that it has caused to those affected, especially to those young people who received an incorrect ranking on Friday afternoon.
If any parent/carer requires any further information then please do contact the School.
Mr Dyer
Headmaster
steppemum

Re: Message from the Headmaster of The Crypt School.....

Post by steppemum »

dear Mr Dyer,

While your intentions may be good, getting a parent to post for you on a forum, instead of doing proper public statement on your website or by email to parents, is pretty unprofessional.
Get a statement out in the right place.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

+1.....
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Are all affected parents and carers exclusively on this site then? I guess they must be if this is the only medium for the explanation and apology.

Quite a coup for the site, really.
Ruthyb1

Post by Ruthyb1 »

I was shocked that I was asked to be honest. I'll copy.snf paste my email to them which prompted the request from themselves for me to put the statement on:

Hello,

There is a forum on the elevenplus website discussing what has happened with regards to the horrendous mess up of results and as I'm sure you can understand there are a lot of very angry parents on there. Parents whose children who havent actually even been affected are now questioning their child's results. I think I speak on behalf of all these parents when I say that we feel very strongly that a statement needs to be issued to all parents to either reassure the unaffected parents and to give an explanation to the parents of the affected children. As a parent of an affected child I have no faith in this 'new' ranking. To go from a ranking of 194 to one hundreds and hundreds of rankings down is just ridiculous and myself and other parents are questionnning this result. We need a thorough explanation.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

I will be going to the Crypt open evening tonight and will be very interesting to see if and how the headmaster addresses this issue in his talk.

Did anyone attend the Open Morning this morning and if so was anything mentioned?
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Birdbridge wrote:I will be going to the Crypt open evening tonight and will be very interesting to see if and how the headmaster addresses this issue in his talk.

Did anyone attend the Open Morning this morning and if so was anything mentioned?
Only that there was an issue that affected some Tommies & Crypt scores. I also asked about the message that Sue Wales requested be put on the forum. They knew there was online discussion & wanted to address it as soon as possible to those who were discussing it & not being on the forum themselves, asked someone who was to post it. That’s as much as I found out. I overheard 2 parents asking about their ranking changes & the head was dealing with them individually.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

It is amateurish.. even that they mention another school (and by name) leaves the impression that they are trying to say “it wasn’t our fault guv’ honest!” At least the Tommies one, who did have a couple of problems was dealt with immediately and then closed out professionally.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

stroudydad wrote:It is amateurish.. even that they mention another school (and by name) leaves the impression that they are trying to say “it wasn’t our fault guv’ honest!” At least the Tommies one, who did have a couple of problems was dealt with immediately and then closed out professionally.
Maybe but (& I don’t know how relevant it is) Crypt phone lines & email went down for a day last week. They said they weren’t aware of the ranking problems until Monday morning hence the delay. & for the record to counteract your ‘amateurish’ comment, I asked a staff member I know well if school was aware of the furore on the forum. She said they were. I said that some of the comments were quite detrimental to Crypt & she said that they knew & that it wasn’t just Crypt who had had problems with scores. There was no tittle tattle or bad mouthing of Tommies, just me talking to a friend & relaying it to anyone who might be interested on here that it wasn’t just a problem with Crypt.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Watermelon8 wrote:
Birdbridge wrote:I will be going to the Crypt open evening tonight and will be very interesting to see if and how the headmaster addresses this issue in his talk.

Only that there was an issue that affected some Tommies & Crypt scores. I also asked about the message that Sue Wales requested be put on the forum. They knew there was online discussion & wanted to address it as soon as possible to those who were discussing it & not being on the forum themselves, asked someone who was to post it. That’s as much as I found out. I overheard 2 parents asking about their ranking changes & the head was dealing with them individually.
Watermelon, I apologise for the Tommies thing but I read this as they mentioned it (as that was the aim of the question)not you..