Travel from Cheltenham to Marling & STRS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PersonMcPherson

Re: Travel from Cheltenham to Marling & STRS

Post by PersonMcPherson »

RedVelvet wrote:
Amber wrote:I would trust Mrs Bain. Period.
I'd second this, she was spot on with our son.
Ah thank you! Mrs Bain was absolutely lovely at the open morning. She strategically sent my sons outside to look for goldfish in the pond, so that I could talk to her without them listening and worrying.
Can’tthinkofone

Post by Can’tthinkofone »

Have you looked at Marchants - they pick up near uni of glos/racecourse for STRS.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Good luck with your final decision and remember that your boys have done really well to inflict such a dilemma upon you. They are 2 good schools, go with your gut. Remember there is always some horse trading to be done after March 1st for those with nerves of steel if necessary.

My son is unrecognisable since starting at Marling; he wakes up at the crack of dawn and goes to school with a spring in his step. He couldn’t wait to go back after half term. I guess he would be the same at STR but kids are sometimes more durable than you think and ‘step up’ once they go to secondary school.

I am sure you will make the right choice for your family.
PersonMcPherson

Can’tthinkofone wrote:Have you looked at Marchants - they pick up near uni of glos/racecourse for STRS.
Yes, thanks very much for replying, I’ve checked out the buses. It looks quite straightforward :)
PersonMcPherson

onthefence wrote:Good luck with your final decision and remember that your boys have done really well to inflict such a dilemma upon you. They are 2 good schools, go with your gut. Remember there is always some horse trading to be done after March 1st for those with nerves of steel if necessary.

My son is unrecognisable since starting at Marling; he wakes up at the crack of dawn and goes to school with a spring in his step. He couldn’t wait to go back after half term. I guess he would be the same at STR but kids are sometimes more durable than you think and ‘step up’ once they go to secondary school.

I am sure you will make the right choice for your family.
Thanks for kind message :) I have now submitted the dreaded CAFs. I went with the more logical geographical choice in the end and listed STRS, Crypt, Marling in that order. Still feel Marling was lovely but don’t really want to move house.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now