admission test scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sem

admission test scores

Post by sem »

Has anyone else requested their child's GS score to be sent to them and received them yet?

Just wondering as I phoned School admissions on Monday morning and they said they would send them straight out ( that was for Denmark results) and then e mailed the Head of Ribston to do the same....but nothing in the post today.

My daughter passed for Ribston and has a place, but I plan to appeal for Denmark so need to know the score really.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks in advance and well done to all those who got the school they wanted.
stroud dad

Post by stroud dad »

should be able to phone school for results. stroud high told me the lowest sucessful candidate was admitted on 224
sem

Post by sem »

Unfortunately, Ribston will not give the scores out over the phone and you have to request them either in writing or by e-mail ( most frustrating! )

For The High School you have to phone Shire Hall who also say they will only post the results out and won't give the score over the phone!

It's the waiting that drives me mad all the time.....I think we have all had enough of it now!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I emailed admissions for sons scores for Tommies-although got place at Crypt wanted to know scores anyway! They said a letter would be in post but nothing today.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Sem and gloucestermum, my DD has a place at Pates, I was thinking of ringing Shire Hall for her Demark Road scores,but was wondering if they would be easy to understand, does anyone know the top acheivable scores,as over on the Wirral forum they have that benchmark so there would be some point in ringing up if I could actually understand the scores!
Sorry if this seems a muddled post,hope you know what I mean?
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Hi proud mum,

My understanding was that each paper was marked out of 140,yet I've read on numerous occasions on forums that it is 141,so confused with that.Also Pates never publish their pass mark unlike the other grammars,but the general consensus is that it's 240.Don't know if that equates to 120 pass per paper or an average of the two.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Last year mum, thanks for that, will ring them tomorrow

PM xx
cheltmum2

tommy rich's pass quota

Post by cheltmum2 »

Hi
just found out that 108 places were not filled as didnt reach pass mark for tommy rich's, so there are places left which are likely to be filled from appeals. Hope this helps if anyone was considering it. You can have you mark sent to you from ggc.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

There were approx 400 children who took the test at Tommies-so even if approx 108 didn't pass has it been confirmed that there are places still available? I had assumed there would be as last year there were quite a few at most grammars after the 1st allocations-I remember posts from last year regarding High School appeals and lots were successful!
cheltmum2

Post by cheltmum2 »

there were 108 places and they haven't filled them all because not enough reached the pass mark. i presume that they will fill the empty places from appeals and have been told as much by gcc.