Late test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bemacquestions

Late test

Post by Bemacquestions »

Hi. Despite my son going through the 11 plus last year and starting in yr7 at his preferred grammar school, I managed to miss the application date for my daughter, who starts secondary this September.
I have spoken to the school and admissions team, and we are all set to sit a 'late test' and go on a waiting list. My question is, does anybody know exactly when this test is, and how to actually make sure she sits it? Also, are there places held back for late test sitters, or does passing it just allow you onto the waiting list? Thanks.
starcrazy

Re: Late test

Post by starcrazy »

The admissions person for your preferred school should be able to tell you when the late test is. Places aren’t held back on allocation day, but your daughter would be placed on the waiting list in order of rank (ie how her score would have ranked if she’d sat back in September.)
I’m sure I remember reading on here that someone got into Pate’s after sitting the later test last year, I hope it goes well for your daughter.
cazien

Post by cazien »

In previous years the late test has been held on 22 March.
Every GS school host the test for late sitters (normally around 20-30 DC's per school), so ask the school where you would like your DD to take it.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

The late test is on March 18 this year. My dd sat it a couple of years ago and was offered a GS place from the waiting list.
MooMoosMum

Post by MooMoosMum »

No places are held back for the late sitters; I understand that if they pass with a higher score than those who sat the test in September then the higher scoring late sitters will be offered places which become released through the reconsideration process.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now