Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sam321

Appeals

Post by Sam321 »

Has anyone ever tried to obtain the answer sheet (not the question paper) actually completed by their child during the test?
icantthinkofagoodone

Re: Appeals

Post by icantthinkofagoodone »

I believe they are shredded after they have been marked.
cazien

Post by cazien »

icantthinkofagoodone wrote:I believe they are shredded after they have been marked.
I think they have to keep hold of them for a while - I have known people to request a re-mark.

I have never heard of anyone having access to either the question or answer sheet.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I know when we went to appeal as part of the process they had to remark the paper and found an error which gave DS more marks and an automatic place to Crypt and no need for the appeal. We were not allowed to see the paper though.
Sam321

Post by Sam321 »

What year was your remark?
My understanding was that now the papers are marked twice by machine, and only checked if there's a discrepancy?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DS is now in the lower sixth but he had to have an enlarged paper and so it had to be manually transferred to the A4 paper and then was marked by machine. Then when it was remarked they found that the person transferring his marks missed a couple of answers.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Parents & appeals panels used to be able to see the answer papers, although there was very little that could be gleaned from them. The schools would also hand re-mark them before the appeals took place.

However, now the tests are run by CEM, as far as I am aware, the last the schools see of the papers is when they are sent off to be marked. They are scanned by two different types of machine (each more accurate than the old ones) and any difference in scores between the two machines would mean a human would intervene and check. The answer papers are no longer available to the school, parents or appeals panel.
Capers