Good Luck! Allocation Day March 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Corierra

Re: Good Luck! Allocation Day March 2019

Post by Corierra »

loa_mom wrote:DS got a place at STRS. But he prefers Pates(183). Any chance at Pates?

Thanks
I'd say it's possibly worth going on the waiting list, if they can tell you how far down the rankings they've offered so far. Can I just check the ranking, though, as I know someone else with that Pates ranking (183)
Skip

Post by Skip »

loa_mom wrote:
Eviewin wrote:
loa_mom wrote:
Anyone planning to go to STRS from Bristol or any information about coaches, please let me know.
This current year, there’s been a bus that goes to both STRS and Pates from north Bristol (Bradley Stoke area). There’s discussions on whether there are sufficient numbers to split this into two buses, one for each school, to reduce travel time. But it’s definitely an option.
Thank you Eviewin
Denwells coach company run a Bristol to Pates / Tommies bus.
http://www.denwell.co.uk/school-runs/pa ... ar-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The schools will give you details of the buses that go to them.
loa_mom

Post by loa_mom »

Corierra wrote:
loa_mom wrote:DS got a place at STRS. But he prefers Pates(183). Any chance at Pates?

Thanks
I'd say it's possibly worth going on the waiting list, if they can tell you how far down the rankings they've offered so far. Can I just check the ranking, though, as I know someone else with that Pates ranking (183)
He is 184. Just checked the letters again..
Tanzi

Post by Tanzi »

Pates has taken down to 175 so far I believe.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

DD got a place at Crypt which was our first choice.

Any other girls going to Crypt??
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

curious_dad
dd goes to shs, and there is a boy who goes on the train. It is early, but no earlier than most of the buses.
He leaves at 7 am I think on train which goes Bristol-Swindon. Then has a short wait at Swindon, and then gets the Swindon - Stroud train with all the Swindon kids. Swindon train is 7:50, and they walk up the hill at the other end.

Personally, I think that is a long journey, mine go from Swindon, and while their train isn't until 7:50, which is later than most of the bused kids who come in fromt he villages, it is one hour door to door, and to me that is enough.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Ioa_mum

you can ask LA for a place in a local school, but all the preference systems (eg siblings) will now only apply to those applying now. The places already allocated can not be changed. So if the school is full, and has no places, you will go on the waiting list. The waiting list is sorted according to the criteria, so you may be top of the waiting list due to siblings etc, but you will still have to wait until a place comes up. If he is high on the list, that is quite likely to happen before September.

The recommended procedure is always to accept the place you have been offered. Then ask to go on the waiting list at other schools you are interested in. You can be on the waiting list at more than one school. Your problem will come if you are offered a place at the local school before you are offered a place at Pates. But, you are allowed to accept the place at the local school, and remain on the waiting list for Pates.

Whatever you do, don't decline the place you have until you are offered another place.
curious_dad

Post by curious_dad »

steppemum wrote:curious_dad
dd goes to shs, and there is a boy who goes on the train. It is early, but no earlier than most of the buses.
He leaves at 7 am I think on train which goes Bristol-Swindon. Then has a short wait at Swindon, and then gets the Swindon - Stroud train with all the Swindon kids. Swindon train is 7:50, and they walk up the hill at the other end.

Personally, I think that is a long journey, mine go from Swindon, and while their train isn't until 7:50, which is later than most of the bused kids who come in fromt he villages, it is one hour door to door, and to me that is enough.
Many thanks for the Info.
2019nerves

Post by 2019nerves »

Could people advise please what their rankings were and if they got the place or not,just so we can compare to previous years

Thanks
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

2019nerves, there is another thread running with the ranks etc on it, I hope you have found that?